Emma

I couldn't help but laugh as Ethan blew a raspberry on Lennon's stomach a few days later. Hearing the baby giggles melted my heart, and I loved the way our baby boy smiled at Ethan.

"I'm gonna get your belly!" Ethan taunted before blowing another raspberry on Lennon. The baby had a big smile as he started laughing, and then Ethan started laughing too. It was so cute to see the way they interact.

I knew they were best friends.

Ethan crawled up to where I was sitting, and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. "And a kiss for mama."

I smiled, resting my hand on Ethan's face. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey," he said, sitting down next to me before scooping the baby into his arms. "And I love you, Mr. Lenny."

Lennon yawned, and I knew it was time for his feeding, and then he fell asleep after he was done eating. I put him down in his crib, and then walked back to Ethan's and my room.

I crawled on top of Ethan, letting him wrap his arms around me as I laid my head on his chest. "Hi, baby," he said, kissing the top of my head.

"You smell good," I said.

Ethan chuckled. "Thanks, honey."

I groaned. "I need a shower."

"Want some help with that?" Ethan asked. I lifted my head, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I'm too tired for that."

"All the more reason for me to help you," he said. "Let me take care of you, babe."

I smiled. "Fine."

-

Ethan was so gentle, so caring towards me. As the warm water fell against my skin, he got me all nice and clean.

Our washer and dryer was only a room away, so he went to grab me a warm towel from the dryer, and then he helped brush out my hair.

After that, he brought my robe to me and told me to lay down, and that he would take care of Lennon when Lennon woke up. Ethan knew I needed some sleep.

I woke up a few hours later, hearing baby giggles along with Ethan's laugh coming from the bathroom, so I went in and Ethan was giving Lennon a bath.

"Oh my goodness. Look at you, handsome boy." I said, sitting on the floor and leaning against the bathtub. Lennon gave me a big smile, followed by a squeal.

"How was your nap, babe?" Ethan asked.

"It was so good. Thank you," I said, leaning my head against Ethan's arm. He leaned over to kiss my hair, and then he continued cleaning Lennon up.

We dried the baby up, and then I fed him before we put him in his pajamas and settled down.

Lennon was still pretty young at only a couple months old, so he was still sleeping a lot.

After he fell asleep for the night, Ethan and I cuddled on the couch while watching a movie. It was one of those made-for-tv movies, but neither of us minded. We talked through half of it anyway.

"So, date night Friday?" Ethan asked.

I smiled. "That sounds great, honey."

"Grayson said that him and Alyssa can watch Lennon overnight for us."

"Ugh. That's perfect," I said. "We can just have a nice relaxing night for the two of us."

Ethan leaned over, pressing his lips to mine. "I love you," he said.

I smiled against his lips. "I love you too, babe."

"Wanna go have a wrestling match in our bed?" he asked as his lips landed on my jaw.

I laughed. "You know the answer is yes, you sexy man."

Ethan smiled, pressing his lips to mine. "God, you're so hot." he murmured.

We made our way out of the living room and down the hallway to our room.

Almost immediately after Ethan shut the door, he lifted me over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes, and then he laid me down on our bed.

Putting his hand on my face, he stroked his thumb across my skin. "I am the luckiest man alive to have a wife as amazing as you, babe."

Taking his shirt in my fist, I pulled him on top of me. "I'm lucky to have you too, babe. Now, I need some sugar, so hurry."

He laughed, kissing my neck. "We have all night, babe."

"Mama wants her sugar when she needs it."

"What do you say?"

"Please."

"There you go," Ethan said, pulling his shorts down as I took my leggings off. Now that we have a baby, we've mastered the skill of getting straight to the point.

So, we did. But we took it slow for the next round.

We were done after a long two hours, and Ethan set up a relaxing bubble bath for me. He lit candles, turned on some soft music, and even washed my hair for me. He simply let me relax while we washed my body up.

Ethan was the best husband I ever could've asked for. Including our baby, Ethan is one of the lives of my life. Lennon shared the spotlight with him.

Because Lennon was so little, Ethan and I still hadn't gone on our honeymoon. We were waiting until the baby was a little bit older, and wasn't as dependent on us as he is now.

Somehow wide awake, Ethan and I got into some comfy clothes and laid there cuddling and talking for a few hours before we finally fell asleep.

As I fell asleep, I thought about how thankful I was. How thankful I was for my amazing husband and our beautiful son, how thankful I was for our house, how thankful I was for my friends, my family, and this life.

I thought about that first moment when Ethan brought up having a baby together, and how I thought he was crazy.

At the time, he was just my best friend. We were both the only single people in our group of friends, which led our friends to speculate that we were together. The funny thing was that Ethan and I only hung out alone because everyone else in our group was busy doing couple things.

I know that our friends always knew Ethan and I would end up together, but it didn't occur to me until it happened.

Now I can't imagine what my life would be if I didn't have Ethan, or if we didn't have Lennon. I wouldn't have it any other way. Ever.

And I definitely can't live without either of them.