~Chapter 16~

I always consider myself to think of where my actions would take me. I never went with the flow or threw caution to the wind. Well, unless I was angry, but that didn't count. People always say and do things they don't mean when their angry, I just never had things blowing up in my face this much in such a short span of time.

As I drive back home, my mind wouldn't shut off about the last hour at Seth's house. It went from a good ass post fuck glow, to Naomi showing up, me hearing that I was just some challenge fuck because some billionaire wanted I don't know what from me, to fighting with Naomi, to learning that Seth knew everything just like everyone else.

It's like I am the only one who is left out of the loop about whatever the fuck is going on and I'm tired of it. I want to know what is so important and why it freaked everyone out to the point where they had to keep their mouths shut. The only person who had those answers is the last person I want to see, but I am going to have to suck it up and be a big girl about it.

As I pull up to my house, I notice three, sleek, black Escalades parked in the large drive way. I sigh, knowing that this was inevitable. It isn't much of a let down though, I wanted answers and I damn sure plan on getting them and I'm not taking any of Dimitri's cryptic ass responses. I park next to one of the Escalades in the large driveway and get out with my heart feeling like was going to burst. Is he mad that I had him waiting?

I walk up to the front porch looking for any sign of him, but before I could get to the front door, I hear my name being called by a strong, all too familiar accent. I turn around to see Dimitri Luciano standing next one of the Escalades in a dark, tailored suite looking ready for business. His face is completely blank as he makes his way over to me. I don't know whether to be angry or scared. The man reeked of the kind of dominance that I've never met someone with before.

"Where were you?"

His deep voice seems to scramble my ability to form a response. The scar glints in the little sunlight that seems to be spilling from the sky and as always, I found it very distracting. It isn't that he's an ugly guy, he's far from it. It's that stupid ragged scar that seems to say a thousand words that he wouldn't seem to do.

"I'll ask again, where were you?" The dark promise in his voice is enough to have me spewing an answer, "A friend's house." The lie rolls off my tongue smoothly and he appraises me for a few more minutes before turning around and muttering a demanding, "Come." I timidly follow him to the car cursing myself for my lack of confidence, but it's hard to have any when the guy's presence alone could have you second guessing yourself.

He opens the door to the car he was standing beside for me, and I enter. The driver backs out the driveway and I look to the passenger side of the car to see a guy looking like some type of

security detail wearing the clichéd dark glasses. I ring my hands nervously in my lap and watch as we drive out my community with the other cars following close behind. I notice that we are heading to the inner-city of the town I live in, and I look around at the tall buildings and fancy restaurants wondering where the hell we were going.

I turn towards Dimitri a little to ask him where he's taking me, but the stoic look on his face was enough for me to decide to keep my mouth shut and wait until we get to wherever we were going. Something told me that one wrong move with this guy and you'd be a dead man walking. As much as I was burning with curiosity, I wasn't taking any chances.

We sit in uncomfortable silence for a few more minutes, until I see us pulling up to this huge ass mansion a couple minutes later. I gap at the building looking like a fish out of water. I don't know why I'm so surprised to be honest. This guy is a billionaire, but seeing this beautiful house made me forget why I was here for in the first place.