desperation (dean x reader)

———————————————————————

dean grabs jack's arm tightly and yanks him to his feet, shaking him slightly.

"tell us what's going on." dean says gruffly.

"i needed her." jack says.

"needed her like you needed derek?" sam asks

"yes!" he replies.

sam sighs and shakes his head as dean tightens his grip on jack's arm.

"you don't," jack sighs desperately, "i'm doing this for you!"

"you killed derek for us?" dean snaps.

"derek's dead?" jack questions.

both sam and dean share a look of confusion.

"wait hold on a second. jack, tell us what happened. everything." sam says firmly.

"i left to try and get a grip of my powers. i wanted to prove to you that i'm good. to do one good thing. so i did the thing you wanted the most." jack explains

"which is?" dean asks.

"i found y/n. alive. i found a way to get her back." jack says.

dean drops jack's arm and takes a step back, his heart racing in his chest so loud that he can hear it in his ears. sam looks up at dean who is white as a sheet and breathing shallowly.

"dean?" sam asks.

"y/n," dean whispers, "she's alive?"

jack nods, "i wanted to find her for you and bring her back to you. i know you miss her. it'll be easier if i show you."

jack beckons for sam and dean to move closer and they nervously do so before he presses his hands to their heads, a bright orange surge courses across their temples as a vision slowly appears before them.

they see an abandoned church in the apocalypse world. once inside, there you hang, chained like an animal with multiple wounds over your body. jack's right you're alive but barely. there are sharp blades inches away from your skin and every time you move, one of them punctured a new hole into your skin.

you groan in pain and shout out, "anybody! help!"

after another blade grazes your skin, you cry out and mumble to yourself, "dean? please save me."

the vision disappears from their eyes and dean stumbles backwards again, mumbling your name as he turns to the side, tuning out the sounds of sam and jack excitedly talking about getting you back.

sam snaps him out of it by grabbing his shoulder roughly, startling dean who shakes his head and takes a low breath.

"are you okay?" sam asks.