③⑧ Chlorine

He glared at the clean towel.

Well, was clean. A muted wine red blotched on the blanch, the hair dye that hadn't quite set was soaking into the otherwise untouched threads of Chan's lamentable bath towel. He'd probably need to bleach it out at some point and simply be thankful that the towels he owned were white. Still, Jeongin couldn't help the small frown as he neatly folded the used towel to set it carefully on the murky sink counter, the surface coated in a thin layer of condensation the towel tried to sop up. He hesitantly stepped out of the bathroom, head thrown down deliberately to avoid the reflection who's eyes followed his every step he took. A tenseness settled in his steps, If only that could be bleached too.

Jeongin lightly shook his head, palm thumping on his temple to clean himself from the lingering thoughts courtesy of his not so fortunate adventures at school, an attempt to ground himself before the headache could grow any worse. Sure, the shower made him relax but he'd be lying if he said the weight in his limbs went away.

He trudged into the living room, eyes immediately location a certain mop of blond hair resting patiently on the slick leather couch. When a bittersweet smile painted his features and the heaviness on him was relieved, Jeongin shuffled over to the couch and placed his hands on the back of the couch, each on either side of Chan to properly frame him. He released a hand from the support and started to brush back Chan's hair, mumbling, "I think I ruined one of your towels."

"From your hair? Don't worry about it, can find a way to get the stains out," Chan's head bumped against this chest. As he did so, Jeongin began to wonder if he could hear the way his heart drummed in his chest. Whether he did or not, Chan nuzzled slightly into the touch before humming a comfortable question, "Going to put a shirt on?"

I forgot where I put my shirt. But not wanting to admit the truth, Jeongin let out a sigh of an excuse, "Not feeling it."

"Cause you're not wearing one."

Jeongin huffed a smile at the dry joke. He enveloped Chan's forehead with a hand and lightly pulled the older's head to lay on the back of the couch. Chan just let him, eyes gently falling closed as a content hum deflated his chest. Faintly, as Jeongin gaped down at his king, he heard the thud of a phone thrown against couch pillows. When he glanced to the source of the noise, a hoodie laying next to Chan which he could snatch caught his eye. Ignoring it for now, he continued to run his fingers through Chan's hair, just as the latter had done for him before, as his eyes chased after the scintillating feelings shining with the radiating golden glow peaking through transparent walls of this impossible paradise. A paradise only for them, no matter how temporary.

Despite the perfect angle, the perfect shadows, the perfect moment, a highlight glittering in Jeongin's eyes, all he could think of was, "If I kissed you right now, do you think it would be like a Spiderman kiss?"

Chan chortled at the question, "Not as romantic. Neither of us are heros."

"We could be," A small pout found it's way to Jeongin's lips, a meager attempt to defend his valid curiosity. Also a meager attempt to defend his reasoning to get a kiss from the older without directly asking, but he would never willingly admit the real reason to himself.

"Don't lie to yourself, we're not good people," The older's eyes languidly opened as he said so, his gaze shifting down as if he was pondering an existence far away from them, "We'd be villains."

"Do you want to take over the country with me?" In amusement, Jeongin purred? Was it physical possible for people to purr? It must sound different for humans, it had to, but as he thought about it there wasn't any other description for the way he sounded as he lowered his supporting arm to his elbow and ran his other hand down the older's chest.