A short one shot

I found a one-shot I wrote a few months ago and decided to put it here.

*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~

January 1, 1020

Phoenix let out a sigh while he gazed upon the fireworks. It was New Year that day and everyone was happy, well, except him. He was sitting on top of a tree that night, without anyone beside him.

"When will this feeling be over?" Akai said to himself, he did not want to feel alone anymore.

He transformed into his true form and flew to the skies.

1000 years later....

January 1, 2020

"Happy New Year!" Everyone in the Sky Joker cheered, except for Akai

Joker noticed him, so he sat beside him and put his arm around his shoulders

"What's wrong, Phoenix?" Joker asked him

Phoenix raised his head to see Joker "it's nothing"

Joker let out a sigh and hugged Akai tightly "It's Ok, you can tell me"

Phoenix blushed, this was the first time his friend did this to him.

Joker released Akai from his arms and brought him to the top of the Sky Joker. When they got out, the two saw the beautiful fireworks in the Sky.

This was the first time in a thousand years that Phoenix was Happy in New Years Day.

January 1, 3020

Phoenix was at his home planet, gazing at the stars. His planet was celebrating New Year there, which he brought there.

"Phoenix, are you coming?" His friend called him out

"I'll be right there" He smiled at them, then focused his attention to the urn on his table.

"Happy New Year, Joker" he whispered "I wish you were still here" a tear dropped from his eyes. He wiped them away, then headed off outside to light up the fireworks, just like he and Joker did a thousand years ago.