Chapter 32

Oikawa looked back at the covers of the magazines that Akaashi brought into his office and that were placed on the desk. All of them showed the same image: Kuroo and Oikawa staring at each other, sitting in the park the day before, their hands joined on the bench they were sitting on.

"I'm sorry, Aka-chan, I..."

"It doesn't matter, Oikawa-san," Akaashi said. "But... Be careful. These are just photos, but it could've been worse. When you go out, try to wear sunglasses and something that covers your mouth and nose. In winter you can wear a scarf or a jacket with a high collar, in summer you can use a mask. Something that keeps you a little more protected. Also... I would like to know who was the one who took the pictures... "

"The street was empty. Neither Kuro-chan nor I saw anybody..."

Akaashi sighed and ran a hand over his face, exhausted after the night of calls he had when those photos reached the newsrooms of all the magazines of Japan. And he was sure that the same thing happened to Tsukishima, since the main protagonists of the morning were being Oikawa and Kuroo.

"Of course you didn't see anything, you were eating each other with your eyes," someone said in a rabid whisper. "Stupid... Stupid, that's what you are."

Oikawa sat up when he saw the magazines in front of his eyes, worried and embarrassed in equal measure that such an intimate and personal moment was on all the media. Iwaizumi was standing behind him. He snorted again and again loudly, making it clear that he was furious, not only because a star like Oikawa went out alone without him, his bodyguard, but also that he did so with nothing that minimally hid his face.

"I knew you were an idiot, but I thought you at least had survival instinct," Iwaizumi said. "Do you know the people who are willing to kill you if they can? Yesterday you gave them the opportunity, thank God they chose to only take pictures and not throw themselves at you with a fucking knife. And your... dear friend... was not with his bodyguard. Which, by the way, is his boyfriend. Not only is he unfaithful, he's just as stupid as you. "

Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi with a withering look. "Shut the fucking fuck up, you have no idea," he said, jumping up from his chair with his fists clenched at his sides. He wasn't going to allow anyone to speak ill of Kuroo after seeing him so vulnerable, affected to the bone by what his 'boyfriend' had done to him.

"Hey! Stop it!" Akaashi said, standing up and approaching them for fear that they would start a fight. He placed a hand on each man's chest and stood between the two, keeping distance between them. "Don't be like that, Iwaizumi-san, Oikawa-san also has the right to go out, it's not his fault that those photos have come to light."

"Why are you so upset, huh?" Oikawa asked, crossing his arms with a grimace of displeasure. "If you can't stand me, shouldn't you be happy if something happened to me?"

"I was doing something important, and I had to come here because you're an asshole who doesn't know how to take care of himself!" Iwaizumi yelled, losing his temper.

"Ah, so you're pissed off that you were on a date and I screwed you up by leaving you unfucked, is that it?" Oikawa said, a wicked little smile trying to break through his pursed lips.

"Maybe!" Iwaizumi replied without thinking.

He immediately regretted what he said, as Oikawa started laughing, embarrassing Iwaizumi. He hadn't arranged to fuck, he just... maybe and just maybe... he intended something to happen between someone he met at a party recently and him...

Who was he kidding? Yes, he wanted to sleep with Ushijima, but he didn't have the chance because Oikawa, that damned diva, screwed up everything. Why did Iwaizum have to take care of Oikawa when he didn't do it himself? He was fed up with his arrogant and proud attitude, he didn't feel like taking care of him like a little boy.