NO MORE ICE ( PART 1 )

NO MORE ICE ( part 1)

AGES:
Peter: 16
Edmund: 13

( this two shot was written by my sister, Amy aka kingedmundpevensie ! I've had a rough few days and she was kind enough to help me out by writing this two part one shot! )

[ set when they go home from the professors house during christmas]

"Come on Pete, it's the perfect weather for it" Edmund said in a complaining tone as he followed his older brother in the sitting room. Lucy and Susan were in the middle of a jigsaw puzzle and their mother, Helen, was sat listening to the radio.
"It's far too cold out there edmund" peter pointed out with a sigh.
"I'm sure your brother can handle a bit of cold Peter" Helen said with a raised eyebrow.
"Mum, I really don't think..."
"Peter. Please" Edmund said with a sad sigh "I can handle it"
This made Peter give in, he didn't want Edmund to feel as if he didn't think he could handle the cold anymore. Ever since the incident with the white witch, peter hadn't taken any chances. He'd remembered Edmunds first Christmas after their coronation in Narnia. The snow that had fallen overnight, he couldn't even go outside.
But they'd grown up in Narnia, so maybe it was time for Peter to trust his little brother on this.
"Fine" Peter gave in and Edmund grinned triumphantly. He hugged Peter tightly before quickly running into the hallway, speeding back with his ice skates.
"Come on, grab your ice skates!" Edmund said to Peter as he ran outside.
Peter smiled, shaking his head as he grabbed his ice skates and headed out after Edmund.

Luckily for the Pevensie family, they lived only a walk away from a park with a huge pond. A pond that froze over in the winter and was perfect for skating.
Edmund ran over to the lake and immediate tied his ice skates on.
Peter did the same and watched as Edmund began to skate on the ice.
He looked like he was having fun which made Peter happy. It had been a while since he saw Edmund this happy in the winter.
He'd only just finished tying the laces on his ice skates when he heard a cry and a splash.
Peters eyes darted up and his little brother was gone.

But there was a hole where the ice had broken under Edmund's skates.

( end of part 1 )