[ 14 ] CAT BURGLAR

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"WHAT THE HELL, OSAMU?"

atsumu groans as he unconsciously pulls your smaller frame towards him, "why are you like this?" you glance between him and his elder twin. "uh, hi osamu? how's the hangover?" you ask him. "it's fin— wait." he pauses for a second and adds on,

"y/n, i don't feel so good on second thought, i think i need you to take care of m—" atsumu scoffs and blocks your ears, "yeah right! stop playing house, me and y/n were playing some good video games before ya interrupted us!"

the older boy shrugs as atsumu furrows his eyebrows. "wait, how'd ya even find us? i turned off my location services!" osamu smiles, although it looks more like a sneer, "i'm yer older brother tsumu. i'll always be two steps ahead of ya." you gently remove atsumu's arms from around you and step forward, feeling like the most extra person on earth.

the two twin brothers keep arguing as you stand around, unsure whether to stop them or interfere in their quarrel. after all, fighting was normal for siblings. so you just stood there, observing the both of them.

"samu, yer really testing your luck here—"

"shut up, you're the one testing your luck. i mean, your entire existence is just luck!"

"what the fuck are ya going on about?"

"let's face it, tsumu. mum and dad only planned for one of us—"

"OSAMU. I'LL KILL YOU AND THROW YOUR DEAD BODY IN A RIVER!"

"NO YA BLOODY WON'T, I'LL KILL YER FIRST, YOU LIL PISSBABY!"

"PI-PISSBABY?!"

"YOUR HAIR IS THE COLOUR OF MY PISS,"

"I'M—"

at which point, a lady gingerly approached the three of you and asked you to 'please kindly leave the premises immediately.' the twins ignored her, too deep in their fighting and insults to even notice her, so you grabbed the two of them by their shirts and practically dragged them out of the arcade.

"well congrats," you sigh. you aren't sure whether to laugh at their arguments or cry form their stupidity, "we got kicked outta the arcade." both boys turn to you immediately, an apologetic look in their indistinguishable eyes. atsumu speaks up first, "shit, princess. i am so sorry!" osamu nods, shuffling his feet. "we didn't mean to. sorry."

you smile and rest your arms behind your head, "eh it's fine. not like that's the only arcade in japan." the boys exchange a look and nod, "we can make it up to ya, if you want?" you shake your head. "nah it's alright." pulling your phone out to glance at the time; 5:28 pm. you look up at the sky, noticing it's getting dark. "i'll see you guys next time. gotta go,"

and before they can get a single word in, you get lost in the loud sea of chattering people, overlapping waves washing you away as you disappear right before their eyes.

"mum, i'm home." you call as you unlock the front door. silence engulfs the house as you near your mum's room, peering into the frame, you can see her silhouette in the bed. you turn to close the doors when a dull yellow paper catches your eyes. furrowing your eyebrows, you reach for it.

"rent due," you murmur as you skim through the neat print on the sheet, "how much do we have to pay for rent— oh my god." your e/c orbs widen upon seeing the number displayed, "holy shit." you groan, putting the pieces together. your mum was asleep because she was working her ass of to keep the two of you afloat and you felt guilty.

you felt so fucking guilty.

you couldn't even use the money you got form atsumu's brand new phone, and the lemonade stand fiasco was barely enough to make a difference. being a 'cat burglar' was not going to help; that was for sure.

no, if you were going to even hope of helping your mum out with the rent before the date of eviction, one thing was for sure.

you'd need to go big.