three

Lyla and Lexie sit and talk quietly in the back corner of the classroom, while the boys were fighting over their seats, as per usual.

"Ugh, ice breakers today. Why does he make us do this?" Lexie complains.

"It's Timmons, he has to know everyone to a certain extent to be fulfilled. He already taught half of us last year, yet he still proceeds to 5 sessions of 'expose yourself to your classmates'. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to do more tomorrow," Lyla replies.

Ashton awkwardly walks in to the classroom and looks to the back, where rest of the boys are joking around and having a laugh. He then proceeds to take a seat at the front of the classroom. As he sits down, Mr Timmons walks in and tells him to introduce himself. The class then arranges the chairs into a circle for the ice breaker activities. It was the usual 'what kind of hobbies do you have?' or 'what was your past school like?'

"Which team do you support?" one of the boys asks.

"For football?" the boy nods, "Spurs, I'm actually from Tottenham."

A smirk appears on Lyla's face as she looks down at her feet and Ashton notices.

"Someone seems smitten." Lexie whispered

Lyla's smirk slowly fades, "God's sake Lex, stop it."

Half of the room starts cheering, the other half shakes their head and groans. It was a split between the school of Arsenal fans and Tottenham fans as two closest big league teams to Cambridge were Arsenal and Tottenham. When there's a London Derby, it was impossible to not bump into someone you know, it was all anyone would talk about for the following week. It was so big, everyone would be wearing team jerseys and apparel for the full week. Lyla and Lexie always went for at least one game every year, whether it was with their parents or with a group of friends, they would always go.

"Ok guys, I'm afraid that's all we can discuss today. Ashton, it is an absolute pleasure to have another Spurs fan in the class, I am a Spurs fan myself," Mr Timmons shouted, as the sound of dragging chairs got louder and louder as everyone made their way back to their desks, "Organise the chairs back to the way you found them and make your way to first period please. Have a great rest of the day."

**

The two girls head to the same spot as they did yesterday for lunch, they sit and eat their lunch while watching the boys play some very scrappy and messy football. Myles starts walking over to the stands where Lyla and Lexie are eating.

"Lex, don't be mad, but I may have invited Ashton to third wheel us on Sunday..." He whispered in a guilty tone."Look, he's new here and I figured you know the best places here so we could just show him around and help him settle in you know?"

"Are you replacing me now?" Lyla jokes as Lexie's face lit up like a light bulb.

"Lyla you're coming as well, don't even bother to fight me," Lyla has a hopeless expression on her face, while Lexie said this as if she'd planned it all out. "I will literally come and drag you out of your house if I have to."

"Oh ok, that's cool too, so we'll meet up at the park at the same time?" Myles asks.

"Yup sure," Lexie says with a gentle grin. She turns to Lyla, who is staring off into the distance and seemed to be day dreaming. "It's just us showing the new kid around the place, alright? Lyla!"

She snapped her head towards Lexie, "You need to get out of your room more on weekends anyways, and I'll be there." Lyla forced a comfortable smile and nodded.

"Yeah, it's going to be good and fun and fine" Lyla said in a convinced tone.

Lyla was always socially awkward, it took her ages to warm up to people. She never bothered to know more people, she liked her small circle the way it was. It's not that people didn't like her or she didn't like people, only having a few friends just seemed to be more 'normal' to her. It was a big surprise to Lexie that she had managed to become such good friends with Myles within a short period of time. Lexie was the social butterfly, always meeting new people and had a big circle, but no matter how many people she met, Lyla would always be her person. They mean the world to each other, they're platonic soulmates. Both of them would be lost without each other, that's how much they needed their friendship.