ten

The next one a bit month of summer was everything Lyla imagined it to be.

After all, if your neighbour happens to be one of your best friends, as well as your twins friend, life isn't too hard to not enjoy.

Ashton and Lyla had basically spent every awaking hour together. They would play football in the backyard, and somehow ended up playing during the hottest hour of the day every time. Lyla taught Ashton how to make her famous sugar cookies, which is  something he always suggests for them to do whenever they're hanging out.

They would go on 3 different walks on the nice days, if it was sunny but there was a cool wind in the air. The walks could be a 15 minutes just to the end of the street and back to the house, sometimes they would walk 5 blocks to the train station for no good reason then walk back. Or all the way to the park, which was a 30 minute walk, a bit too long on some days, but the fresh air is better the smell of chips in Lyla's room.

Today was a slow day, it's already 2 in the afternoon and Lyla had just woken up from her extremely long night of finishing the finale of Suits (she balled her eyes out). She reaches over for her bottle of water, only to find there's about 2 more sips of water left.

She stays lying in bed and goes on her phone for the next half an hour until Luke barges in, making Lyla jump.

"Good afternoon sleepy," he teases.

"I was up late, no judgement please," Lyla puts her phone down, then a pillow over her head. "You're so fucking loud, my ears are sensitive in the morning."

"Whatever, get up, there are still waffles from breakfast. I'm assuming you won't be able to eat a whole bowl of pesto pasta right now."

"Ok thanks, I'll be down soon."

Lyla goes back to her phone, scrolling through Instagram when she gets a text from Ashton.

Ashton: does luke have a bike?

Lyla: yeah i think so why?

Ashton: come get ice cream with me from the shop next the cafe on 3rd and rush

Lyla: ash i literally just woke up

Ashton: oh

Shit, why does he seem defeated. Lyla scrambles for answer.

Lyla: we can go in like an hour so

Ashton: yea that's great :)

Ashton: let's bike there

Lyla: bike?

Lyla puts down her phone and heads to the bathroom to brush her teeth and comb out her hair. She heads down to the kitchen to have her waffles, which takes her forever to eat. Lily is washing the dishes while she eats.

"Ash and I are going to get ice cream later," Lyla says, while the sound of plates clash against each other.

"The two of you just never stop do you?" Lily says with a smile on her face.

"I guess we don't," Lyla answers proudly, grinning from ear to ear .

It's nice that they don't stop, Lyla hasn't spent has much time in her room as she used to, her mind is always clear, she barely ever worries about anything now. The only thing she does worry about is Lexie, she worries that they haven't been spending enough time together. But surely it's a stupid thing to worry about, she's giving more time for Lexie and Myles to hangout together, rather than Lyla tagging along.

Lyla has her person to hang out with now, which has to make Lexie happy. She's not the jealous kind, so she hopes the Lexie is happy for her.

"Do you need more money or are you good?" Lily asks