Chapter 14 - Shadow Moses

“Are you sure you want to do this Lex?” I heard James’ weary voice from behind me as I pull the hoodie over my head.

“Yes, we need to face this person, I don’t want you getting into trouble because of me.”

The bus was sitting in a hotel parking lot now, we had convinced the guys to stop. I told them I couldn't sleep with the bus moving. Which of course was a lie. We were now standing only a block down from wear we had to meet Anonymous. 

“Lexi, I’m sure theres another-“

“No.” I turn towards James. “We cant trust him. Now I’m going to call your phone and hide it so you can hear the conversation too, I’ll be fine.”

James nods in agreement, but I can tell he’s not for sure about it. I take out my phone showing to him, before heading down the block. It was almost midnight and I didn’t want to be late. 

I pause to make the call to James, stuffing the phone in my pocket after I know he has answered before looking up to the place. It looked like an old abandoned market. I could see the  papers littering the floor inside, the door was broken and laying inside the market on the floor. The lights were hanging from the ceiling look like they were going to fall any second. 

Though the inside was dark and looked like a barren wasteland, I proceeded inside. I stepped over the broken door looking around before fully entering the market. I walk over into one of the isles, food covered the floor and I could hear the crunching of the food underneath my converse. I walk to the end of the isle seeing a figure standing there, not facing me.

“Are you the one I was talking to over twitter?” I called out in his direction.

“Maybe….” He says still not looking at me. 

“What do you want?” I say taking a step toward the figure. 

“You.” And with that he turns around and quickly runs towards me. I don't have anytime to react and I’m tackled to the ground. The person lands on top of me and I hear a loud thump that didn’t come from me. I look over and see my phone sitting face up on the ground. The man looks over to it, picking it up; he was still on me. I tried to squirm out from under neath him. 

“What do we have here,” he says looking at the phone noticing it was on a call., “Hello?” he says into the phone.

“Lexi! What happened are you okay?” James voice whispers through the phone. 

“Help m-“ I’m cut off by a hit to the face, I cried out in pain. 

The man threw my phone to the side before getting up and picking me up with him, I trip over my own feet falling a little as he drags me over to a door. He kicks the doors open and throws me in, shutting the doors behind him. 

“Plea-Please don’t hurt me…” 

“Trust me, I’m going to take good care of you, my dear sweet Alexis.”

A/N- Hey guys, might be awhile before I update again, I still dont had my computer, I'm using my grandma's. Sorry If the chapter is short or boring or whatever, but PLEASE show your support by voting and commenting. Thank you all for sticking through with the story even with my lack of updating!