Chapter 19- Drown Part 1

WARNING!!!!- May contain things not so suitable for certain people. Contains self harm and thoughts of suicide. You have been warned!

James’ POV

I watch as Lexi walks sadly out of the front living area then turn to a very upset Danny. 

“Sit down.” I stumbled over to the couch and quickly sat down. Danny took the seat at the table on the opposite side of me. “Now tell me… What the fuck was going through your mind that not only caused us to have to take time off touring, but also risked Lexi’s life?” 

I gulped. “Well you know that our relationship isn’t exactly legal and someone had took pictures of us together and they were threatening our relationship and the band if we didn’t do what they had said.” I let out in one breath then sucked in another. 

Danny’s face was red with anger and I could tell that non of this was going to end out with smiles. 

“Really so they took pictures of you and Lexi… That doesn’t show any proof as of saying ‘Hey we’re a couple’ so why did that matter James?” I sighed.

“They took pictures of us… uhm.. t-they took pic-“ I tried to just spit it out and say that we had sex, but I couldn’t because I knew I would be in even more trouble than before. Hell I’ll probably be kicked out of the band!

“What? Spit it out.. They took pictures of what?” His face went from anger to confusion.

“Sex” I spit out and then covered my mouth as soon as it left my lips. ‘Fuck!’ 

His eyes bulged out of their sockets and he stood up. “You what?!?!? You had sex with Lexi… For Pete’s sake James! She’s only 16!! What the fuck were you thinking?!”

This time it was my turn to stand up. “You know what I wasn’t thinking okay? It just happened, but what I do know is that I love Lexi, and I never meant for any of this to happen Danny can’t you see that?” 

I could tell he was surprised at my sudden action, but I didn’t stop there. “I even tried to save her from her father, but I couldn’t do anything. I had gotten there when the police did and I got shot from trying to save her…”

By now his eyes were softer, but I could still clearly see anger in them. “Why didn’t you tell any of us we could have- we could have gone with you guys. We could have helped you…”

Lexi’s POV

They had been yelling at each other, bickering back and forth for almost 20 minutes now and we still haven't left the hospital yet. I was now curled up into Ben’s side as he rubbed circles into my back. Suddenly the yelling stopped. I took this as my calling to go out there and see what was happening. I tried to stand up, but Ben pulled me back down to the seat. “I don’t think that’s a good idea…” he said just below a whisper.