Angry But Broken

Hospital isn't a nice place to be-not really a crowded place where you can see dark red liquid running through tubes and machines beeping as it echoed in the room. As doctors and nurses walking in opposite directions, doing their duty to help the sick, were passing by a man who was holding his 4 year old son in his arms while his three other children were sitting in the hard vinyl chair.

In the hospital room were a woman who had tubes connected in her nostrils and a heart monitor beeping beside her left side and on the other side was a boy who was no more than an eight year old, sitting on a chair.

"Musuko-san, kyō wa dodeshita ka?" a woman asked the auburn haired boy. He sat down beside her. His smile brightened her heart and so the dark red rose she held in her hand given by him.

"Daijōbuda yo. Makkusu wa chōdo ABC o manabi hajimemashita. Watashi wa sore o kare ni oshiemashita. Danī wa yoru ni hoshi o miru no ga sukideshita. Kare wa kagaku ni kyōmi ga ari, rūku to kashimi wa otōsan o tasukete kita to omoimasu. . ." the little boy told what had happened at his home. The woman nodded while smiling at the boy, listening to his stories.

"Okāsan, itsu taiin shimasu ka?" the boy questioned her. His mother looked down sighed; the hope in her eyes weakened. She didn't want to give he son a hard time and like they said, sometimes you have to cover up the dark truth with a white lie.

"Yoku wakarimasenga, daijōbudesu. Nani ga okotte mo, mottomo kon'nan'na jiki demo, anata wa tada kurayaminonakade hikari o mitsukenakereba narimasen."

"Kowai, mama. Anata ga watashi no tame ni koko ni inai baai wa narimasu ka?" He whimpered.

She caressed her hand to his face as she gave him a weak smile and replied, "Kesshite iwanaide kudasai. Anata wa ijindearu koto ga wakarimasu. Yakusoku shite. . . anata wa anata no kazoku no sewa o shi, kesshite shimasen. . . watashi o wasurete kudasai. Musuko yo, tsuyoku nari nasai.

The heart monitor suddenly stopped beeping as the woman gave her last breath and she dropped the red rose to the floor. Her skin turned cold; he tried giving a shake but she didn't bug. He kept shaking her until it came to his mind that she's no longer alive.

"Mama? Mama? Watashi kara hanarenaide kudasai. Watashi o oite ikanaide!" He cried.

He didn't want to believe the fact she's gone. Only a minute passed, a doctor, followed by the two male nurses at both sides, hurriedly walked into the room.