Forest

Marceline and Catherine walked out of the famous cafe. People sat outside with the white umbrella above, enjoying the meal they're having. The white tote bag hung over her right shoulder while her left hand held a Starbucks cup with smoke vaporised into thin air. Catherine ate a brown bagel sprinkled with white sugars in her hand while the other was occupied; holding a black art book with splashes of various colours on the front cover. They partnered up to complete their art project for mid semester and called it to continue tomorrow.

"Well, Ms. Sandra will once again-quote in quote-praise us for being the artistic students in her class."

She swallowed a small bite of her bagel before saying, "Cause you owned an artistic trait. Also, you partnered up with me because you said you despise fake people in our school when we first came."

"Thanks for the compliment." She casted her wary smile. "Fake people acted so well, everyone in the world got fooled by their actions, even themselves."

"But Ms. Sandra is so noisy." Marceline clenched her fist, remembering one time when she was zoning in her mind, Ms. Sandra bursted out with her Italian accent and that moment became one of the embarrassments of her life.

"She's Italian. Well, half-italian. Let her be." Catherine shrugged off, acting like it's not a big deal.

"God, her sassiness. . . I swear if she start pulling out her Italian accent with these fingertips," she said while holding out her hand and pressed her tips of fingers together, "I'm gonna-"

Catherine pushed her body to the red bricked wall while a surprised Marceline raised her eyebrow. She followed where her eyes set and there it was. Arcana was walking to the black van, with two black Burakku ninjas on either side. She opened the passenger door while one got into the driver's seat. The other got into the back, shutting the door. They both eyed the black vehicle in silence. Its engine ignited before it joined other vehicles on the street.

"Let's go," Marceline said before their feet started catching up to the black van that is driving further away from them. But compared to humans and vehicles, vehicles-of course in no doubts-had the faster acceleration. They can't lose their chance or have to find an alternate way.

Marceline spotted a fire escape nearby and called Catherine to get on top of the building. The two girls both climbed it up and witnessed the sun setting down, creating a mixture of yellow and orange tones in the sky. They both held two fingers with their hands in the air before a flickering light lit on their fingertips. Right after the bright light died down, their clothes shone bright and it changed to their fairy form.

Marceline's outfit had a purple top with splashes of indigo, light purple sash over her right shoulder, a gold chain belt around her waist, dark purple leggings and green straps all over her black boots. Her wings had sharp edges with tips of purple and green. Her raven hair magically tied in a high ponytail with purple highlights drawing down. Her wrist has a mark of a purple and green dragon.

Catherine's outfit transformed to a brown top with brown wood belt, beige leggings, light brown sandals with dried veins across her arms. Her blunt edged wings had a latte tone. Brown highlights were added to her bob cut hair as part of her transformation. Her wrist also had a mark like Marceline, except it's brown dirt with stones.

Just when the night was dotted with stars, their wings flattered as it picked them up and flew through the black sky to find the white van using Marceline's eye vision, that shines eerie green around her irises in her eyes.

The black van drove through the busy streets of New York before turning right to a land that slowly showed tall trees ahead of them.

"They're heading to the outskirts of the city."