Vengeance Shall Be Mine

Outside the outskirts of the city was a mansion built tall on the edge of the cliff, surrounded by black forests. Windows were structured on bricked wall-they weren't much sprouts crawling up the pipes and dark green moist haven't form on the bricks-and had a medium huge door as its entrance for owners and visitors to come in. Huge portraits of Japan backgrounds hung up on the wall along the corridor with a grand chandelier in the grand ballroom for guests who arrived to dance, if there was a ball to attend.

A man was walking down the hallway as the steps echoed through the hall. The evening light beaming from the windows, giving a slight heat on his skin as it revealed a dried scar from his right eye to his left cheek. Keeping a stern look, he walked and stood towards a portrait of a man who is in his middle age; wearing an ancient warrior armour to protect him from dangers of the swords he's battling against his foes while holding his katana high in the sky. He pulled the frame which revealed a secret passageway into a dark passage. Shutting the portrait behind him, he walked down the stairs as the silence filled in the air. It almost took a few minutes for him to reach a Japanese door slider and he walked in to see recruited Asian individuals divided into groups doing ninja trainings; archery, delivering punches and kicks, combatting their opponents etc.

He then walked into a door at the corner of the room which led him in another hallway. The hallway was built in metals, you could hear his steps getting nearer to the giant transparent door as he stepped in to see lots of scientists were working on an experiment. Some were experimenting the subjects such as animals while others were writing on their clipboards while the process of an animal being tested in the tube.

"Master Barron," one of the scientists noticed then bowed, followed by the others. He walked passed by them as he directly went into the controlling room which is located on the third floor.

Turning the doorknob, his eyes met with the eyes of three girls standing beside a man wearing a suit.

"Greetings, Master Barron," the girl with yellow hair greeted and bowed, followed by two girls standing behind her.

"Hello, Barron James," the man in suit also greeted.

"So, what news did you wish to bring me here?" Barron James asked, putting his hands behind his back.

"We have robbed almost five stores in Brooklyn and searched every single jewellery we've got but I think we found the right ones," Arcana Dark smiled darkly. "In order to obtain our magical power back, we will be using the jewelleries we've brought along."

"And it's all in here," The man in suit, Larry, opened the suitcase with key. Once it opened, it revealed three necklaces-dark yellow followed by ultramarine violet and indigo in order. Arcana took the three out of it, giving the other two to her sisters, Darla Lavender on her left side and Seraphina Cyanca on her right side. They both reached out their hands to receive the necklaces. Consequently, it glowed brightly as if the magic was flowing in their veins. To this point, their dark magic has returned to them.

Arcana Dark chuckled and turned her fists into balls before announced, "It felt so good to be back in business."

"Now, that we have our powers back, we can blast it at those little Fairix!" Darla called.

"Patience, Darla. We had an agreement, remember?"

Darla grumbled but Arcana assured that they made a deal with him that they must follow his orders in order to get what they both wanted; power to rule the New York and a getaway to the magical realm of Winxea to rule their magic.

"But first of all, I always wanted to try do this," Arcana raised her right hand, causing Larry to float dangling in the room.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing, you prickly little girl?" Larry cried.

"Wrong move," Arcana smirked before sending him out of the room through the glass wall, receiving a scream before a thud happened and a table broke.

"Our magic has finally returned and it will be ready, Master. For the power of the world and Winxea will be in our hands," Arcana Dark smirked sinisterly.

"Very well then. Don't let me down," he kept a stern look before exiting his way to the elevator.

As soon as he reached his room back in his mansion, he turned the doorknob and entered his room that no light can be seen from the windows. Sat in the corner was a closet full of traditional Japanese weapons; Kama, Metsubishi, Shobo, Shuriken, Yari and so on. Next to the closet was a glass stand containing an armour inside where its metal didn't shine for the windows in the room were closed by the long curtains. He passed by a huge portrait of two gauntlets marked as an X with black fire blazing in the background. He looked at it as it brought the memory of his old sensei once told a story about a clan who was defeated in the Japanese battle.

The story brought him pain, despair and misery for that clan was once his family's legacy but it was ended by the Kazuki Clan, the one who brought him in, unbeknownst to them was that he was the last heir to the Burakku Clan.

'I will rise Burakku Clan once again, Father. Soon. I. Will.'

He picked up a black and white photo on the bedside table-two male adolescent putting their arms on each other's back with a smile while putting a thumbs up. Have you ever had the feeling of nostalgia whenever you see your young self in an old photo when you're in mids 40s and you can't help it but tear up as the memory played in your head? Well, this man doesn't feel the same emotion, for he holds a dark grudge against that boy in the photo.

'You have taken everything i had, my honour, my respect. . .my love. I will soon have my vengeance, my brother, who took everything I had, will soon meets his doom, Kubo.'

In a split second, he threw the photo across the room, letting the photo glass shattered on the floor as he stared at it with rage in his eyes. The memory, the smile on his face, his presence made him feel despised. The hatred that kept growing in his heart, unknowingly, created a monster who hunger for revenge for those took his honour away.

'I must find where he is hiding. Wherever he is, even if he's on the other side of the world, I will end his life with my own bare hands!'

A door bursted open and a ninja informed him, "Master Kaji. We found him."

"Found who?"

"The man you've been hunting down, the one you've despised, we found him at last."

'Him? He finally showed his face in public. . .after 3 years of hunting him down, he appears to be still alive in this condition.' Master Kaji turned to his ninja before asking, "Where is he?"

"He was last seen at New York City. Along with this young girl," the ninja pointed to the picture he held in his hand to his Master. An idea then came in his head as he squinted his eyes and straightened his back.

"Gather the troops and weapons. We are going to have a little family reunion soon."

The ninja bowed before exiting the room and as soon as he left, Kaji or Barron then took three daggers from closet and threw across the room where it exactly hit a photo of young Kubo.

'Finally, we will soon battle. . .to our deaths.'

And so, the thunder roared the night away.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Love it? Give it a vote and comment (I can take critics but not HATE)
Don't forget to share it with your friends too 👍😉
Hope you enjoy it, love you mwah!