Chapter 13: Band Rehearsals.

Rydel's POV:

The next morning...

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I stretched and sat up to see that it was 9:30am. We had band rehearsal today and Bethany was coming to watch us!

I was getting ready when I heard my phone ring. I ran towards it and saw that it was Bethany calling.

"Hey Rydel! I was just wondering what time you wanted me to come at. Any specific time?" She asked.

"Well, practice starts at noon. So you could come around 12:00pm." I said.

"Alright, sounds good!" She replied, giggling a bit.

"You can stay until 3:00pm since rehearsals end at 2:00pm. We can just chill for a bit!" I told her.

"Sure! See you soon then."

"Bye Beth." I said then hung up the phone.

I finished getting ready than went downstairs for breakfast. After I ate, I watched my brothers play video games until it was 11:30am. We decided we should set up the instruments downstairs in the basement while waiting for Bethany to arrive. I heard the door bell ring and my mom answered it. A couple minutes later, Beth came running down the stairs.

"Hey guys!" Bethany said, smiling at everyone.

"Hey!" Everyone says back to her.

She sits on the couch waiting for us to get everything ready.

"Need any help?" She asked, politely.

"No, thanks. I think we're good." Ross replied, smiling.

We finished preparing everything and tested to see if everything worked.

"Alright! I think we're ready!" I said.

Bethany smiled. I could tell she was excited to here us play! Yay!

"1...2...1...2...3!" Ratliff said, getting us started.

We started playing "Smile" and Bethany seemed to be enjoying it.

We finished "Smile" and Bethany said, while clapping:

"You guys sound great! Anyone would be lucky to see you guys live."

"Thanks so much, Bethany!" Riker said, smiling.

We played "Easy Love" and Ross messed up some lyrics. It was normal, though so we just laughed it off. We all messed up lyrics every once in a while.

Bethany said we sounded great, and we continued with "Heart Made Up On You" and this time, Ross didn't mess up any lyrics.

Then, we decided to do "(I Can't) Forget About You" and we sounded great! Except Ross sort of messed up some part with his guitar. He just played the wrong strings, but it was fine. He was probably just nervous for tour.

"You guys sounds amazing! Rydel... I wanna hear Love Me Like That! Please!" Bethany said, smiling and begging.

"Alright, fine!" I said, switching places with Ross so I could be up front.

We played Love Me Like That and it sounded good. Beth said it was perfect!

We started playing "Stay With Me" and again, Ross mixed up some lyrics. When we finished, I said:

"Hey, Ross? Can I speak to you for a minute?"

"Um, yeah, sure." He replied.

We went upstairs and sat on the couch.

"What's wrong? You usually don't mess up this often." I told him, sounding a bit concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm just a little nervous for tour... And the fact we're doing this in front of Bethany." He answered, looking at his hands.

I sort of understood why now. It made much more sense!

"It's okay, everything's gonna be fine. Bethany says we're doing great. You don't have to worry!" I said.

We went back downstairs and finished up rehearsal.

••••••••••••••••••
Heyy guys!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while...
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
Do any of you even read these? 😂
-Alexa.