Chapter 38: Why Is Love So Complicated?

Bethany's POV:

I'm in the kitchen, ordering Brea, Ross and I's pizza. I came back to the couch to see that they are looking at something on Brea's phone.

"I'm back! Whatcha looking at?" I asked, leaning in to get a better look.

"Oh, Brea is showing me some of the pictures she took on her phone! You should check them out, they're really beautiful," Ross answered.

Brea smiled and thanked Ross for the compliment. She, then, showed me some of the photos. Ross wasn't lying, they are flawless!

As the night goes on, we eat pizza, watch a couple of movies and play cards. Then, it's time for them to leave.

"Thanks for hanging out today, guys. I'll see you soon!" I said, smiling.

"Thank you, too. Bye!" Ross replied, exiting my house.

"Bye, Beth! Take care! Text me tomorrow." Brea told me, following Ross out the door.

I close the door and finally I'm alone. Man, I'm so tired...

Brea's POV:

As I'm leaving Beth's house with Ross, I decided to talk to him. I jog up to him and smile.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi, I was wondering if you wanted to trade phone numbers?" I asked him, hoping that didn't sound weird.

"Yeah, of course!" He replied, stopping to give me his phone.

I do the same and enter my phone number in his contact list. As I hand back his phone, our hands touch. It sends a weird feeling throughout me. I look at him, and it looks like it didn't even affect him.

I sigh. Feelings are so complicated. Love is complicated. Boys are complicated.

Looking at Ross, I have no idea how he feels about me. But I know exactly how he feels about Beth...

He's in love with her. The way he looks at her... The way his smile is so much brighter around her. It's so nice to see that, but it hurts.

I'm never gonna be with him. Why do I even think about that? He likes Beth. Beth likes him. Why don't they just get together? I'll just be their supporting friend on the side.

I wish I could control my feelings. But I can't. I need to tell someone about how I feel about Ross. But, who? Beth isn't an option here. She'll be so mad. I'm not that close to Rydel yet, so not her. I could-

"Brea? Are you okay?" Ross is almost shouting at me.

"Oh, sorry. I was just... thinking about something." I smiled nervously, hoping he wouldn't ask questions.

"That's fine. You just looked a little pale and I got worried." He replied.

"I'm okay, thanks. Well, I should get going. It was nice seeing you today, bye!" I told him and almost ran to my car.

I'll figure out who to tell later.

As I'm driving home, a million thoughts flood my brain.

I need to get home and go to sleep. I'm too tired to deal with this right now.

I get home and go straight to bed.

Until tomorrow then, feelings.

Brad's POV:

I wake up this morning in a delightful mood.

I get up, get dressed and eat breakfast. The whole time thinking of what I shall do this day.