Chapter 36: am I forgetting someone?

Brad's POV:

Was I loosing my feelings for Bethany?

...because of Brea?

I didn't feel anything between Bethany & I.

How could feelings go away so fast?

But... How do I know if I like Brea?

It's not like I'm going to see her regularly.

Maybe I could ask Bethany for her number? Or would that be strange?

I tried to push away my thoughts for now, and focus on the movie. But just as I looked at the screen, the words 'the end' were displayed across the screen.

"Wow, what a great movie! Literally, one of the best movies I've ever seen." Beth said.

"Yup, it is great." I replied.

"I'm getting a little hungry... Do you think we could eat go upstairs and eat?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course. Let's go."

Bethany's POV:

It was 3:00pm, and Brad and I are having lunch.

I honestly feel like I am forgetting something... But it's probably nothing important.

After we ate, it was 3:45pm. And, I still feel like I'm suppose to be somewhere. Again, I ignore that feeling.

We head upstairs, to see his room. He gave me a full tour of his cousins house. And man, it's beautiful! And huge. I wish I lived here.

Brad and I headed back into the basement, just to chill a bit more.

We talked for a long time, and I still have a feeling I'm suppose to do something...

"Hey, I know this is kind of strange to ask you, but do you mind giving me Brea's number? We talked a lot yesterday, and it would be cool to see her again." Brad asked, slightly nervous.

"Oh, of course!" I said and took out my phone to give him her number. "Uhhh... Her number is..." I continued, saying the numbers out loud as he registered them into his phone.

"Great! Thanks so much, Bethany."

"No problem!" I said back, smiling. As I was turning of my phone, I looked at my background. A picture of Rydel, Ross and I...

OH MY GOSH.

I quickly turned my head towards the clock.

4:35pm.

THATS WHAT I WAS FORGETTING!

I am supposed to be at my house, with Ross, at 4:00pm! And I completely forgot!

I guess Brad noticed I was freaking out, because he then said;

"Bethany? Is everything alright?"

"Actually, not really. I have to go, I'm so sorry. I really enjoyed hanging out with you today. Thanks for everything, bye!" I quickly said and then rushed up the stairs, before he even got the chance to say bye.

I grabbed my shoes, ran out the door, and into my car. I slipped on my shoes, started my car and drove away.

Of course, I get stuck in traffic. For 30 minutes. I look at the clock, 5:10pm.

What will I do? I totally forgot about my best friend. I'm a terrible friend.

Hopefully, he'll understand. And won't be mad.