17. | Too late

The planet was nothing like Jungkook would have expected.

Everywhere he looked he saw a gruesome monster, some having blood splattered on them like a force field that kept everyone away. His breathing increased as they landed near a even worse looking building. He couldn't believe people stayed here. How could he hope to talk to Yoongi?

He regretted his decision, oh he regretted it so much. He stood from his seat to get a better look out of the window. He couldn't seem to get his heart back to the correct pace. He saw monsters attacking what looked to be human remains, monsters attacking monsters, unrepentantly ripping them apart. He felt his organs drop to his stomach and his blood stop circulating.

He didn't think the planet was this bad.

He slowly directed his gaze to Hoseok and Taehyung. They seemed to be unbothered by the condition of their planet- no, they were used to it. From what Jungkook knows, this is Taehyung's first time coming back after five years, and this place has no effect on him. That scared him for some reason.

Unconsciously he traced the lines of the tattoo on his palm, the blood long gone. He found comfort in the permanent drawing. He couldn't help touching it. But when he noticed Taehyung looking at him he slowly dropped his hands. He wasn't sure why.

"So, how are you going to go about this talking thing?" Taehyung questioned casually "I don't plan on going in so-" he came to a abrupt stop when he noticed the boy shivering in fear.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around himself, he couldn't bring himself to tear his eyes away from the scene. He watched as a creature that resembled a fawn, only with four eyes and blue fur, tried to run from what resembled a bear. Only bigger, more terrifying, and a red that reminded him of a alphas eyes. He watched as it chased the poor thing and chased it until it was close enough to jump-

Taehyung tore the boys gaze away, turning his head to face him "Quoi wanted to come here, don't chicken out now" he could tell the boy tried to joke to help him. It didn't help.

"I'm sorry," he whispered "I shouldn't have c-come, y-y-you told me not to-to"

Taehyung frowned. He wrapped his arms around the boys neck, feeling his erratic heartbeat against his own chest "Calm down... okay?"

"N-not okay.."

"Breathe," Taehyung stressed "you have to talk to Yoongi remember? You can snap him out of it and get him back on Earth" Taehyung wasn't really expecting the boy to follow through with his original focus, he just wanted to calm him down.

Jungkook took deep breaths, before he calmed and looked at Taehyung with his bright green eyes "...Let's do this before I pussy out"

. . . .

"Are you kidding me!?" Yoongi snapped at Jimin, who had allowed him to wrap up his wound but it wouldn't last long "I came all this way.... just so you can die watching the moon!?"

"Il uira tuh naa luh yoon"

"Quoi can see the moon any time!"

"I can't..."

Yoongi was beyond irritated, pulling at his hair, knowing it was now too late to save the boy.

Jimin held up his hand, revealing a tattoo of a eye on the back of his hand, looking like it's been there for a long time "This will kill me when I see the moon... so I might as well already be dying"

Yoongi didn't have time to question what it was. He scooped the boy up, hoping into the small ship with him "Quoi kol et-et kida, r-really a idiot"