5. | Broken Promises

"So.. you're 18?" Jungkook questioned after about ten minutes of sitting on the couch side-by-side in silence.

"On my planet, yes, but I assume I'm around 20 here since you guys age differently."

Jungkook looked at him with genuine curiosity "How does your age system work?"

"We have cuatro months in a year, and our birthdays come around twice."

"Enough.. said." Jungkook spoke with a slight nod, face scrunched as he tried to figure out why he was speaking Spanish.

"I believe you have... um.. douze?"

Jungkook stared at him like he was singing a tune from the 30's "...What?"

Taehyung shook his head "There's too many languages on Earth.." he grumbled.

"What language was that?"

"That's the problem. I don't know,"

Jimin took a hold of the younger's hand to pull him ahead of him "Hurry Taehyung, this is too much for us!"

Jimin was 14, while Taehyung had just recently turned 12. And here they were, just the two of them, assigned here to take out the monsters of this area. "Did you kill any?" Jimin questioned as they ran.

"One." Taehyung mumbled.

The green multi-eyed monsters that were chasing them would count as a small one. They had to kill sixteen of those. Jimin killed four small ones and one big one, while Taehyung killed one small one and zero big ones. At this rate they'll be out of here by the time they're 60.

"It's alright, it's going to be okay, I can promise you that." Jimin said with a reassuring nose scrunch, lightly patting Taehyung on his back "We'll get there, and when we do, we will leave this planet together."

Those were two promises that Taehyung believed in. It was what kept him going all these years. It was what drove him to kill as many monsters as he did near-future. But it was a lie. All of it, was a lie.

But he didn't know that at the time, he just returned the nose scrunch as they neared their building. As they ran they merged into a sea of others also running to get into the building. Taehyung noticed a lot of them didn't have their weapons, like Jimin and himself. He came to the conclusion that the creatures ate them like they ate his knife.

He liked his planet, despite it's conditions. Everyone was different. Like himself for instance, he had dark purple locks and pale green skin. Jimin had dark blue locks and pale yellow skin. Everyone in the crowd held different colors. Like Earth's rainbow.

Man, Taehyung couldn't wait to see it with his own eyes. He's only heard about it from people that went to earth and radioed back to say what they saw.

It sounded beautiful.

Taehyung couldn't wait to run barefoot in the grass, splash their (blue instead of pink) water on his face and listen to the birds sing as they took the sky. It upset him that when they got to Earth they'd have to change their skin tone because, apparently, something wasn't ready. It was even more upsetting that it was permanent as long as they stayed on Earth.