4. | Unpleasant Memory

Taehyung screamed at the top of his lungs as he clumsily got to his feet and bolted away from the... whatever the heck that thing was that just hovered over him.
He hated this.
He hated having to fight these random creatures on his planet. This creature was shaped like a oversized earth slug. It was sickly green in color, and had big round eyes all over it's body. On the top of his head, a long needle stuck out, which he used to repeatedly try and to stab the unfortunate boy tasked with ending this thing.

Could life get any worse?

Suddenly, Taehyung heard a ear-splitting screech. He glanced towards the sound to see not one, not two, not three, not even four, but a whole SEA of green eye-covered needle creatures. Is someone trying to kill him? Can they just get it over with already? He wasn't that fond of his green skin being replaced with blue, but for the love of sweets, put him out of his misery.

Despite his very apparent death wish, Taehyung ran like a maniac, his feet making loud sloppy sounds on the muddy damp ground. He wasn't ready for death just yet. There were so many things he hadn't done yet. Like travel the world, or survive a attack from whatever this gruesome thing called it's self.

He looked down at his bare feet, the mud had gone all the way up his knee. He could feel his mind throwing a fit about stuff like pain and feeling dirty, while his feet just ignored it and kept going. His mind was making a fuss the whole way. Such a... annoyance. Can't it just let him focus on getting away? Hygiene and Comfort or Life?

Taehyung was so busy eavesdropping on his mind and legs conversation that he didn't notice the moldy branch stuck out, destroying the calmness of his rather disgusting path. He did what felt like multiple flips before finally landing face-first into the mud, sinking in it deep. He stayed like that for awhile, drowning in his own suffering before remembering where he was and what he was doing. There was green multiple eyed earth slugs on his trail.

He pushed himself out of the dark mucky mud, smacking it out of his eyes and letting it slip out of his mouth as he held it open. He got to his feet and continued running, seeing a familiar person running for his life ahead.

"Jimin!"

The purple haired boy made a disgusted face and ran his tongue along every surface in his mouth, as if he had just tasted something absolutely sinful.

"You okay?" Jungkook asked wearily. The boy simply nodded, his face scrunched in absolute disgust. And he was looking directly at Jungkook, so the dark haired boy couldn't help but feel like shit.

"Just remembered something... unpleasant." Jungkook nodded in some form of understanding as the boy shook his head like he was trying to get the memory out of his head. He finally looked up at Jungkook.

"On my p-planet.. we've been training. Training just to get the chance to get out of that.... hellhole and come here, to Earth. There's monsters... not just the monstrei, but weirder monsters that started appearing.. um.. f-fairly recently in our woodland areas.. if we wanted to get off the planet we had to fight them. And not just one at a time, but a lot.

"Earth is safer... safer for us. So a lot jumped at the chance... n-not many survived the first time, in fact I think only 18 out of 467 survived, but the 18 were injured so badly they could not go to Earth. After that a disappointing amount of my people didn't want to try anymore... so for awhile we just steered clear of the woods.. but then they started coming to our homes. It soon became a requirement for everyone between 14 and 29 to fight." he paused for a second, not particularly looking at anything. "I went to fight at 10.. b-because I-I had no where to go.. my house was destroyed. When I went it was bad.. very bad.

"They kept the ones that wanted to fight the monsters in a different place than the ones who didn't. There was three buildings, holding maybe a-around 5,000 or less. And the place was terrible. Monsters broke in almost everyday and when we killed them we got no recognition, it didn't count... we had to be sent to kill them for it... to count." He looked down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers. "To be able to leave the planet you had to kill at least five bigger monsters and sixteen smaller ones but our leaders had to assign a place for you, so killing them at the building was useless unless you just wanted to survive..."

"How long did it take you to do it?" Jungkook questioned.

Taehyung looked over at him, a shadow crossing his face "Eight years.... Eight long, hell-like years."

Jungkook looked away from the boy's face "H-How many people survived?"

Taehyung glared at the boy, recalling something he still hasn't gotten over and probably never will "O-Out of the ones I was with.. which was 4,230.. 215 survived. 201 got to go to Earth."

"And.. the ones that didn't survive?"

"Monstrei." Taehyung grumbled.

Jungkook studied his face "Taehyung.. did you lose someone close to you?" He didn't answer.

He stood from where he sat, brushing himself off.

"W-Where are you going?" Jungkook asked as he stood up after him as Taehyung made his way to the steps.

Taehyung halted a he put one foot on the first step, then turned to Jungkook with a awkward look "Sorry, I forgot that you can see me now and it's probably..." he thought of a word "rude to just go to rooms in your house."

Jungkook shrugged, eyebrows furrowed "I'm sorry if I upset you.."

"You didn't." Taehyung said, sounding a little annoyed. He quickly cleared his throat "I suppose I should leave your place?"

"H-Huh? Why?"

Taehyung cocked a brow at him "Do you not want me to leave?"

"Well you've been here this long, might as well stay."