7. | Waiting

Taehyung watched Jungkook as he scurried around the house, grabbing a bunch of seemingly random items. Jungkook stopped to raise his eyebrow at him a couple of times, wondering why he was staring at him, but then continued what he was doing when Taehyung just stared back.

He ran up the stairs. Taehyung swore the sky had went through multiple colors before the boy returned. His hair was different. The black now held pink and purple streaks. Taehyung had only ever seen people on his planet with hair like that, but he figured Jungkook had a good reason and decided not to question it.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung questioned instead

"There's... something I need to see" Jungkook replied instantly, throwing a bookbag on his shoulder. He tilted his head down so his hair would cover his face more.

"You're going out there? With your sight?"

Jungkook sighed "That would sound so stupid to someone who didn't know what was going on. But yeah, I am. This is really important"

"Okay, then I'm coming, too"

"Sure" Jungkook shrugged, ruffling his hair

"And I'm not taking no for a- wait did you say yeah?" Taehyung brought his hand up to ruffle his hair also, since Jungkook did it. Jungkook briefly nodded and grabbed Taehyung's arm, pulling him to the front door. Instead of opening it he stopped there, his ear to the door. After a moment of silence Taehyung questioned him.

"Waiting for something..." he mumbled

"Waiting for what-"

Then, a loud screeching sound was heard, slitting Jungkook's ears in half. He stumbled away from the door, rubbing his ear that was pressed up the door "Waiting for that" he pressed a hand to Taehyung's chest to stop him from moving "Give it a moment" They stayed exactly where they were, Jungkook listening for something and Taehyung looking around confused.

"I think..," Jungkook mumbled as he stood to move his curtain, looking out the window "we're good?" when he didn't see any Monstrei he grabbed Taehyung's hand again and pulled him out the house. The whole way to wherever they were going they ran, Jungkook pulling Taehyung along by his hand, and Taehyung stumbling a bit because, despite being possibly more physically trained than this human, Jungkook was super fast and had a lot of energy. He also seemed very determined to get wherever he was going, so that seemed to boost his speed and energy.

They passed houses and vehicles. Long slim sky-scrapers with wires attaching them to others or the wires hanging on the ground. Other blind people and even some aliens that didn't even glance their way.

"So that was your plan" Taehyung mumbled

Jungkook glanced back at him, a smile already on his lips "You said it yourself, your people have rainbow hair" Taehyung chuckled, a huge dumb smile on his lips. He seemed to like copying Jungkook.

Jungkook stopped running in front of a broken down brown house. The windows were gone, the door was gone and huge pieces of the roof was gone.

"Jungkook.. what are we doing here?"

Instead of answering the boy walked ahead into the house. Reluctantly, Taehyung followed.