~ 3rd April ~

"Come on Talia we have to go." Dad tells me as he opens the door to my room.

"Do I have to come?" I ask as I sit up on my bed.

"Yes, mum and Malcom aren't coming because they're feeling ill and I don't wanna be the only one there." 

"But uncle Adam and auntie Anna are gonna be there so you won't be alone."

"Actually auntie Anna isn't going or Brooklyn, they've both come down with something as well."

"More of a reason not to go, I don't wanna get sick."

"I'll let you play whatever music you want on the way there."

"Sold." I say jumping up and grabbing my phone.

We head downstairs and say goodbye to mum who is sat on the sofa watching tv then get in the car. I connect my phone to the aux and begin to play my Beatles playlist which consists of all my favourite songs of theres. It takes us about half an hour to get there and once we do dad parks his car on the drive. We get out and spot grandad stood by a tree staring up at it.

"Uhh hello dad?"

"Oh hello bambino, mini bambino."

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Trying to get this bloody bag out of this bloody tree." He tells us pointing up to it.

"Right..." we both say in confusion.

"Johnny pass me the big stick will you?"

Dad picks up the big stick and passes it to him, he holds it in the air and starts jumping up and down completely missing it. He throws it back down on the floor and looks up at the tree in frustration. Suddenly a car pulls up beside us, we look to see uncle Adam and Santiago getting out of the car.

"All right Pissface?"

"All right Pusface."

"And the reason you're dressed as an astronaut?" Adam mocks dad about his ridiculous coat.

"What? You mean this coat?"

"Which you're wearing on you're next mission to Jupiter?"

"Clever"

"Dad why are you looking at a tree?"

"What?"

"Why are you looking at a tree."

"I'm not looking at a tree, I'm looking at a bag."

"Huh?"

"See that plastic bag up there?" I say pointing up to it. "He really wants to get it down."

"Really? Why?"

"Cos it's an eyesore." He tells us.

"And Cos he's an idiot." Dad jokes.

"It's not even our tree, it's not even outside our house."

"That's not the point. It's in our sodding road and you can see it for miles!"

"Miles?" We all ask in confusion.

"Yes miles!"

"Hi you lot!" Grandma says coming up to us.

"Grandma!" I shout as I run up to her and give her a hug.

"Hello sweetie! Martin, please leave the tree alone now."

"It's not the tree Jackie, it's the bag!"

"Yes all right, the bag! Just come in, will you?" She turns to dad and looks at him in confusion. "What are you wearing?"