~ 19th April ~

I couldn't believe I was actually gonna go on my first ever date....WITH AN ACTUAL BOY!! I dreamt of this moment so many times but I didn't think it would actually come this quickly, this is the moment I will tell my future kids about. Well.....unless I don't actually end up with George, then this story will never be told to them. I decided to listen to the Hard Days night album whilst I was getting ready, it was my comfort album and always made me feel confident when I was down. I decided to wear a simple black dress with heels, it was a very 60s look which I didn't intend but recently I've started changing me style a bit and I've been gravitating towards 60s styled outfits.

Once I finished getting ready I made my way downstairs to get something to eat before I headed off, I saw my dad sat at the table talking to my mum

Once I finished getting ready I made my way downstairs to get something to eat before I headed off, I saw my dad sat at the table talking to my mum. He didn't look his usual happy self which scared me a bit, he looked worried. I knew it was about me, he doesn't like seeing me grow up. It's hard for him to grasp the idea of me growing up as I've always been his little baby girl, he knew this day was coming but I don't think he expected it this soon. I made my way into the kitchen and started making myself a cup of tea.

"So, are you excited?" Mum asked me with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm also kind of nervous." I say sitting down at the table.

"Why?"

"I've never been on a date before, what if I mess everything up?"

"Sweetie you'll be fine, you wanted this remember."

"I know.....what if he's not what I expected him to be like."

"He won't be acting normal as he'll be just as nervous as you, first dates are normally nervous wrecks because you're both so scared you'll mess something up." Dad tells me.

"What if I'm not what he expects?"

"Talia you need to stop worrying, it will be fine. Like your dad says you're both gonna be as scared as each other, plus if he doesn't like you for you he's missing out on someone incredible!"

"I guess you're right, thank you. Both of you, you've helped me so much all my life and I feel like I could never repay you for how much you've done for me."

"You're our reward, we don't need you to repay us with anything." Dad tells me with a smile.

"Now, finish your tea and get going. You don't want to keep the lucky boy waiting!" Mum says with excitement.

I quickly down the rest of my tea then clean it up and hug them both goodbye. I make my way out the house and start heading towards the park which is just a 5 minute walk away from the house, once I get there I look around for George but he's still not there so I sit on the empty swings for a bit whilst I wait for him to arrive. After a few minutes I begin to panic thinking he forgot or ditched me at the last minute. My crazy thoughts thankfully leave my head as I see him approach me with a basket in his hand and a blanked under his arm.