14// The Sister

"Hey Mercy you wanna watch a movie?" Cesar walks to the living room and pops in Trolls. "Yay Trolls!" She cheers and plops right in front of the TV. Cesar brings her food and sits it in front of her.

"Man she looks just like her mother." He says as he sits on the kitchen island stool .
"She's pregnant." Cesar blurted.
"Wait what?"
"Yeah by one of my employees from the Restaurant. Jack." He shakes his head. Can't believe he had said it out loud. He didn't want to be real.
"Wait woah, back up. How she ended up fucking one of your employees?!" He whispered shouted as Cesar shushed him, looking over at the living room at his pride and joy, she was too engulfed in the movie.

"Yeah they were together before I got back into her life but they broke up and after we stopped fucking they-" "Wait a minute man. You too were fucking?! Where have I been?" Johnathan says as he shook his head.

"Yeah right after that she got back with him and got pregnant quickly." He sigh deeply.
"Dude! Has she gotten a paternity test?"
"No, why?" Cesar says as he says with a mouth full of Thai.
"Did you have any thought that you might be the father? You guys fucked around the same time her and this Jack guy fucked. She gets pregnant right after she with that guy? I highly doubt that baby is his."
Cesar swallowed his food while widely staring at the floor then looks over at Mercy then looks at John. "Watch Mercy, I gotta go." He walks to grab his keys.

"Woah man, what are you doing?!" Johnathan blocks the foyer as Cesar tried to grab his jacket. "Gonna confront Vee."
"You can't do that right now. She will feel attacked. It's so sudden. Common man, let me get you some water. You have to come up with a plan instead of showing up to her doorstep out of blue when you are supposed to be with her daughter." John says as he guides him to the sectional as he walks in to the kitchen.

He was right, he need to figure out another way to express this to Venus. When John comes back he hands him a water bottle. "I don't know what to do man."  Cesar says he took a big gulp, Johnathan rubs his back while reassuring him they will think of something.

***
The next morning there was a loud knock. Johnathan, Cesar and Mercy are spread out on the floor with tons of covers and pillows. Vee called and said she can spend the night which Mercy was happy about. The three of them played games while also watching movies. "Damn who's at your door." John stretches as he gets up and walks to kitchen as Cesar gets up and opens the door and sees his sister.

"Hey Cesar. Can we talk? I feel bad how we handled things when we last talked."
"It's not the perfect time Elise."
"Oh is that Elise?" Johnathan walks up to door and sees Cesars sister who he has a crush on. Elise rolls her eyes and says hi then sees the little girl over his shoulder sleeping soundly on the floor.
"Is that- is that her Cesar?" She pushes the two boys out of the way as she walks into the living room seeing Mercy. "She's gorgeous."
"Yeah I know."
"She looks just like you. Ugh I wish I could wake her." She walks into the kitchen. "Yeah sorry we were up late last night."
"I'm guessing your baby mamma is letting you see her."
"Yeah a lot has happened since then. How are mom and dad?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Hey man, I gotta run into the office. I call you later so we can figure out the situation." Johnathan says as he grabs a bagel his jacket then pats his back as we rushes put the door.
"What situation? What's happened?" His sister Elise says instantly.

"Um, Venus, she's pregnant, and I think it's mine."