20// The Exit

"Hi it's me Jen. I don't know if you remember me, but you worked for my husband as an intern years ago." Jen says as she walks over to Venus disrupting her peace.
"Oh sorry I didn't recognize you. You look a little older." Venus felt small sitting in the lawn chair so she stood. Jen glared at her comment, staring down at her growing belling feeling even more heated. She always felt insecure around Venus, her golden brown skin, her full healthy curly hair and full lips along on with her beautiful curvy body.

"I didn't get a chance to congratulate you, what do you know? A mistress can get a happy ending after all, it's like the Wendy Williams story, doesn't it?"  Venus scoffs at Jen's comment. She really wants to play this game?

"Only they were still married, you two are legally separated." She barked back at her. She wasn't going to let this white bitch talk down on her. "And for your information, I was always happy. No man can define my happiness. Your "husband" chased after me, so if you wanna be mad at somebody be mad at him, otherwise get the fuck out of my face." She says as she backs away a little wanting to walk away from this.

I'm not gonna fight, control yourself Vee, you're pregnant.
She thought to herself.

A pissed off Jen stared back in Venus' hazel eyes, "Listen here you dark fat bitch, you can have him. I actually been trying to get him to sign the divorce papers, but he wouldn't. I guess you aren't the only one he's trying to hold on to." She then walks past her but not with bumping into her shoulder.

Venus heart sunk, was Cesar playing her all along? She knew he wanted another kid because Jen couldn't have them, was he impregnating her then leave her for Jen? The unknown is killing her and she hated it. Why didn't he tell her that? He explained to her weeks before Jen was giving him a hard time with the divorce.

"Baby what's wrong?" She hears Cesar behind her rubbing her back. "What ever she said she's trying to get under your skin. My mom told her to leave." Turning around fully facing Cesar, he can tell she's pissed off.
"Did she tried to serve you with Divorce papers?" His heart sank and the look on his face said guilty. That's all she needed for her to grab her purse.

"Mercy!  Come on, say goodbye to grandma, grandpa and your aunt." She pulled out her phone quickly getting an uber.

"Baby? Baby please, please don't leave me. It's not what you think." Cesar begs loudly making a scene.

"Then what! Explain!" She waited. His mom and father runs up to the screaming couple. "Is everything alright?"  His mom asks.

"I'm waiting for your son to answer my question. If he doesn't I'm gone.

"Maybe you should bring this inside." His father guides them in the house, where Mercy is still sitting at the counter eating.

"Baby, I can explain, lets just talk about it at home- "

"Mercy lets go! The Uber is here." She helps gather her daughters things. While Cesar's parents are trying to calm him down, with various apologies.

"No this is your fault! You invited that bitch!" He yells into his mothers face as he father pulls him off.

"Son you need to calm down! This is your mother you are talking to." He says as Venus leaves with his Mercy.

Cesar grabs his car keys but not before turning to his mom, "If you ruin the best thing that ever happened to me, I will never speak to you again." His mom sobbing while his father pulls her to his chest to calm her down.
"Leave Cesar." He says.
And so he did
***
"Hey the door is open." Aliah, Venus little sister sister says. "I left you fresh linen on the bed in the guest bedroom.

"Thank you much. Are mom and David still Los Angeles?" She asks her sister as they walk to the guess room. Mercy curled in her arms sleeping peacefully from the long ride there.

"Actually they will be back tomorrow." Aliah says slowly as Venus rolls her eyes. "This is good Vee, you need to talk to her."

"Do I have a choice?" Venus literally got done dealing with Cesar's parents and now hers? This isn't going to end well.