6// The Help

"What is going on? You have a kid? Since when?"

Johnathan has been friends with Cesar since high school. They told each other everything. So of course he was devastated finding out another way really pissed him off. "Since four five years ago man."

"And your just finding out now? Take that bitch to court, she trapped you obviously." Johnathan says which pissed Cesar off heavily. Johnathan known about the ongoing affair, and told Cesar to be careful, only because she was broke college student and he had alot more to lose than her.

"What? No! ARE YOU CRAZY?! This is all my fault! I'm the one who pushed her away!" He steps close to the guy who he calls a brother, for bad mouthing his baby mama, but Johnathan doesn't understand, and that's partially his fault for pretending he didn't give the slightest care for this one. Putting up an entire front, do it won't look as bad that he's sleeping with someone since he's married for only for sex.

"Johnny man listen, I feel like I'm the one who trapped her. I tracked her down, I didn't ask for a paternity test, because I know she's my daughter. And finally, she doesn't want shit from me. She's thriving. She works at an amazing corporate job, lives in a brownstone with her bestfriends. She doesn't need me."

He shrugs sadly. He really had a hard time accepting the fact that she didn't call him. She was the love of his life, but wouldn't tell anyone that, and it pained him to see she didn't need him. "How did your wife take it." Johnny said which made Cesar instantly roll his eyes.

"How do you think she took it." He gestured to the pillows on the couch.

"Yeah your right man, you better go work it out for the wifey." He patted his best friend shoulders wished he brushed off instantly. "Fuck no, I have a daughter to make up for."

"What's her name, how does she look?" Johnny questioned, which he shouldn't have because now Cesar pulled out his phone and swiped through many photos of his beauty. "Her name is Mercy. She has my mom eyes."

"Wow man, I can't believe I'm an Uncle."

"I never known what real love felt like until I met her."

And Vee. He thought afterwards.

***

"Here is your key, I have a shoot in Manhattan so I have to run." Becca says to Cesar, "Your clean clothes are on the bed in the guest room on the second floor. Me and Ben are on the third floor by ourselves. Okay you should be good, chow." The door clicked and Cesar went to go look for the guest room. Opening one of the rooms, he knew wasn't his because it painted with soft walls and girls dolls and toys over the floor. His daughter's room he thought. He looked inside her closet and saw an extreme amount of clothes. He can tell she was well taken care of and that meant that she didn't need him. He saw a photo on the night stand on the small bed, it was of Vee and Mercy on a beach. She looked like her mom with the tan skin and full lips, mimicking the same pose, it was like looking into the mirror.

After closing the room door and search for his room then comes into another room that is obviously used. It was Vee's room and it was very grown up. Going through her dresser seeing various types of underwear and picked up a purple lace thong, without thinking he stuffed the material in his back pocket, shut the dresser and quickly left the room, cracking the door. The last door on the left had to be his. He entered and saw the clothes Vee took folded on the bed. He then took this as the opportunity to take a shower in the en suite. After his shower he went downstairs and waited for Vee and his daughter to return home.

***

"Daddy Cesar your here!" He heard Mercy voice which made him jump wide awake. The man from the restaurant who he thought was her boyfriend was holding her in his arms. "Hey gorgeous. How you been?" He wiped the drool off his face as the guy sat down Mercy as she ran towards and gave him a hug.

"I was at ballet! Mommy couldn't make it, so uncle Ben dropped me off and stayed!" She says enthusiastically. Uncle Ben. Ben , That's his name. Cesar thought furiously. It irked him that they had a system. Ben was a fill in, as the help since he wasn't around. But now I am.

Soon the gorgeous goddess walked in the house in white skin tight fitted turtle neck long sleeve dress. Why does her job allow her to dress like that? "Oh, you're here early. Hi baby." He kissed her daughter on her forehead. "Thanks Ben. You're always a big help," She says as Ben kisses her cheeks. "I see you too met officially. Did you settle in good Cesar?'

"Yeah, can I talk to you for a second?" He asks seriously. He pulled her aside away from Ben and not before giving his daughter a ruffle on her head. "Listen, you don't have to ask Ben to do anything anymore. You saw me today, why didn't you ask me to pick up mercy?"

"Well you haven't been reliable lately."

"And I apologized for it. So please trust me to know I will dropping everything for Mercy."

"Alright, we'll see what happens. Lets try tomorrow." She says as she folds her arms.

***
(A/N How do you think this will go?)