26. Serendipitous

I can't help but keep glancing at the rear view to watch as she peacefully sleeps with Julio by her side. She softy snores as loose pieces of her hair continues to crease her cheeks. Beside her is Julio who is very much snoring and not in a cute way: his snoring compares to the noise that worries me that something is wrong with the engine of this car.

I pity his wives.

I love entertaining him just to annoy Aurora. It's worth it. The look on her face when he was talking about his bedroom practices is pure gold. I tune out most of he says anyways.

Julio and Aurora have been asleep for the past 2 hours. There's been a lot of silences and with a touch of awkwardness, which are two areas Aurora normally excels in. 

She softly snores, while occasionally scrunching her nose. She looks completely bonkers but I enjoy it. There's never a dull moment when I am with her and that's all that matters. I mean I am pretty sure most people would suggest she go to a therapist or get some help but she is so effortlessly herself.

Before her my life has been plain. I partied most of my teenage days, did things most teenagers don't usually get the chance to. But I didn't look forward to an adventure. Everyday had been about testing new ways to piss my father off.

Just to get a little attention from him. I had been desperate to the point I would google "ways to get your father to love you". All I wanted was just a little time. I know...very pathetic but he was like Elsa, he iced me out and I was desperate as Anna to get some sort of human interaction. My life had been a true Frozen sage except he wasn't my older sister with magic power, he was my father with a tittle and not to mention there were not trolls or a singing snowman. Screw that, there were no good parts either, like finally reconciling with loved ones.

Bad analogy!

My Disney references are unmatched and I only have one person to thank for it. The girl snoring in the back seat who thinks a tiny shark can swim up a toilet and bite her. Ridiculous? I know.

To get back to my dysfunctional childhood or my life in general, I did a lot of retarded shit.

Sure I went mountain climbing and ended up in the hospital for a month or the time I decided to go to the Bermuda Triangle and nearly drowned. Something had been missing. A hollow feeling that constantly bothered me.

Aurora.

She managed to fill that hole.

I am absolutely sure she would've joined me in all of my adventures. In fact she would've made the hospital her permanent house from all the crazy shit I did as a 'rebellious teenager' to anger my father.

I hated my father. Hate is a strong world but I mean it. He has never been a father to me. All my life I had been trained. Trained to be the best.

I did everything he opposed. It was all fun till he shipped me off to boarding school.

I did enjoy my time there. Sure it was regulated and strict. It felt like home but I wasn't going through it alone.

Thousands of other kids were suffering with me.

I never had anyone in my life I could confide in to say the least.

My mother left me when I was born. She didn't make it past labor. I felt partly responsible for her demise. It pained. I always thought that's why my father distanced himself from me. I reminded him of what he lost.

If I were on an episode of criminal minds, I would have probably be diagnosed with abandonment issues and my father's death would've been the perfect stressor and I would've become turned in a serial killer learning that love of my life will never love me back.