19. On top of the world

"He is like a song she can't get out of her head."
- Jennifer Smith

"- Jennifer Smith

AURORA:

"The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside. And I couldn't keep it in. Oh heaven knows I tried" I have the sudden need to yell out the lyrics to Frozen in no particular order.

For someone with no musical talents I am sure brave enough to sing out loud no matter the situation.

In high school I passed every class with flying colors. I mean every class, Ap physics, honors chemistry, trig and those are subjects I despise. I was a goody two shoes as some would even say. Well kinda. I had my upsetting moments too, like when I over dozed on caffeine and slept in the janitors closet.

But my point is even though my records were squeaky clean except for that one detention slip from middle school for hitting someone with a volleyball during gym class, I nearly failed music. My teacher took pity on me and gave me extra credit so I could pass.

I broke at least 4 violin strings. The horror on his face. I felt like I murdered his child.

He hated me. I think. He really tried to help me. I believe...screw that... I know he was the happiest when I graduated. I saw him clapping louder than my parents during graduation.

"Here we go again." Although I can't clearly see his face I know he just rolled his eyes.

I get it though, if I were to hear someone sing or scream so out of sync I would lose it too.

He has never been a big fan of my singing more like screaming.

But I feel like I am on top of the world right now. Signing seems appropriate.

"I really wish Donatello was here right now. He could've saved me." I sadly sigh and imagine how gracefully the ninja turtles could save is right now.

"The dead Italian sculptor? What why?" He says in disbelief which causes me to roll my eyes again.

I never roll my eyes and I did twice today, under the same hour.

I have changed!

Or a part do me that I have suppressed for so long is making an appearance.

A part of me that is hopelessly in love with that idiot.

"No you uncultured swine, I meant the ninja turtle." I slap my forehead which nearly causes me to fall out of balance. But I regain my composure.

"First of all I am cultured. I rather call Raphael though." He mutters.

"Yes of course."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

You know the moment you have the epiphany that you are going to die. I guess this is my moment.