3. Jaded

"Feelings that come back are feelings that never left."
- Frank Ocean

" - Frank Ocean

Aurora:

"Hello, hi so you see I was chased by this guy; he stole my phone and wallet and I was wondering if I can call a friend using your phone" I try explaining to this not so friendly guy in front of me once I finally get his attention.

He took a moment to study  my appearance which was not very pleasant.
Much to his credit, he only made a face when his eyes reached my bare-feet.

"Yeah the guy also stole my shoes" I lie.
"Here, but you can't go far." He gives up trying to understand me and finally hands me his phone and picks up his paint brush.

"Thank you, I love you." I blurt out and he averts his gaze from his painting to me. He looks genuinely concerned.

I sheepishly smile. It's not new.

He shakes his head and goes back to his painting. He makes me a few strokes and I admire the ducks he had been painting. Each stroke captured the details so cautiously.

I take few steps away from him. But close enough for him to see me.

I dial the only person who would understand.

It rings three times before I hear her voice.

"Hello who's this?" She says.

"Jade it's me"

"Who?"

"Damm it Jade! You act like people actually call you. It's your best friend for the past decade or so."

"Oh, what do you want?" She annoyingly asks.

"Gee thanks. I just wanted to tell you I saw him today" I say not believing my own voice.

"Who? Chris Hemsworth, again? Damm why do you get so lucky? Did you get a new number?" Jade whines. So much for support.

"Shut up, no Jade him. Kermit, I saw him. He was here."

"First of all, I would've thought you matured after all this time. Why are you still calling him by his nickname? And second of all, you return to New York and the first person you see is him."

"Jade, I am jaded. Pun not intended." I calmly tell her.

"Aurora tell me what happened" her tone let me know she was serious.

"I am staying at one of the connecting deluxe at the plaza hotel, I somehow got the wrong package. The connecting door between the two rooms was somehow opened and Aiden entered my room. Apparently it was his package and he needed it." I try to explain as much as I can comprehend to her.

"Your life has turned into a long soap opera" she laughs to herself. "okay what did you say to him" she asks hopefully.

"I gave him his package and ran to the park barefoot, without my keys or phone." I casually say.