23.My Oxygen

"We were never meant for each other, but I am glad that even for a sheer moment it felt like we were."
- JDG

"Why do you do this? What kind of toxic mindset is this? Do you take pleasure in your own suffering? Is this some psychotic disorder?" Daniel scoffs at me while running the tip of his fingers though this hair

Aiden does that too. I always wanted to be the one doing it though. My fingers lightly brushing his hair.

Snap out of it.

I feel like the time my mom yelled at me because I shoved a broken glass into my skin.

I sigh as I get up from hospital bed and walk towards the bleak window.

"I can't tell him." I quietly wispier against the splattering rain.

I peak outside the window, it's all grey and dark. It's quite melancholy.

A storm is set in motion. It can rush in any moment.

It's been raining for the past two hours, between the rumbles the little droplets are soothing.

"Why not?" He questions as I feel him hovering by back.

"Just because."

"Aurora, why? I don't understand you. I've known you for 4 years now and I still can't figure you out." He nearly shouts. I turn away from the window and look at him hoping he would understand.

"Daniel, you have to understand." I plead but somewhere down the line my voice breaks.

"No, I don't! Now I have to tell the doctor to lie to him." That's his biggest concern?

For someone who's an open book, I do have a lot secrets?

Well not really, when it comes to Aiden I am secretive, and I don't really care what the rest of world sees.

"It's not going to change anything. And perhaps I moved on." I try convincing

"Moved on? Aurora you aren't fooling anyone!" I plead with my eyes.

He has to know everything can come crashing down any moment and I can't risk hurting anyone.

I can't risk getting attached to him even more. I can't be near him.

"Fine! But one day I just might not listen to you." He says and harshly bangs the door on his way out. The loud bang echoes in this silence.

I need to leave. Or make Aiden leave. I can't be near him.

It's not okay for either of us.

For eight years, I've managed to live without him and I will be fine so forth.

He's only going to make it worse.

A loud ringing breaks my gaze from the storm outside.

I find my phone buzzing near the table by my bed.