13. Girl next door

"She has a wild spirt, but a soft heart, and such a sweet soul."
- butterflies rising

"- butterflies rising

Aiden:

While boarding on the plane, a part of held out this hope that things would get better.

But now I am not so sure.

Ever since the conference, Daniel has been stuck to her like glue. I can clearly tell he replaced me in her life.

The feeling of being replaced doesn't sit right with me.

During the plane ride, she was happily watching movies with her, though I couldn't see her. I heard them laughing and talking in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping.

I watched the clouds as an uncomfortable feeling began to set in. It only got stronger from there.

I was her movie partner. We watched countless rom-coms together.

Upon reaching the site, we leaned that Jay couldn't make it, and Daniel would be his replacement. I don't know how I feel about that.

It's cool.

He's friendly. We became friends right way. He even invited me to lunch with them. He didn't seem to know me or anything so I decided to go.

It was a mistake.

She clearly moved on with him. As she should. I can't her expect her to wait for me. I never told her to wait.

She couldn't be bothered to talk to me. She acted as if I were a stranger.

I now look at the stars at night because of Aurora, she made me appreciate the things we take for granted everyday.

Meeting her was serendipitous. But now I have nothing but her memories.

Watching the stars at night calmed me down and reminded me of her.

A few moments later, I hear a door being opened, Aurora steps out.

She doesn't realize I am here.

What are the odds? Again hotel room neighbors.

She is looking at the stars as if she was talking to them. My heart sped up.

She wraps her hands around her chest and sighs. How I wish I was beside her sharing a blanket and watching the stars with my head on her shoulder.

Should I try to get her attention? No! She looks too beautiful to be bothered. This is a pure moment. I want to cherish it.

I admire her while she studies the stars.