8. Men in Black

"What I feel for you doesn't have a name."
- miriellamarie

" - miriellamarie

Aiden:

The moonlight beams on the lake. It glistens and I can't help but remember Aurora's eyes. Her enchanting eyes and how they were so full of life. Her eyes are so beautiful its like the stars themselves, it like the stars decided to rest in her eyes.

Damm her eyes for always luring me. Damm her for having so much power over me.

It's true what they say you don't know the value of something until you lose it.

I can't blame anyone but myself for all this. It never meant to get so complicated.

Aurora wasn't just beautiful she was pure like the first rain drop from heaven. No matter how tough the going, she never gives up. She has such a big heart. It didn't matter if she wasn't your friend, if you need help she will do everything to help you.

Sure she shows the world she's tough but her her eyes show her soul. They were a deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of hope.

I want to be the one to fix her but I hurt her even more.

I thought this would be my chance to redeem myself but it wasn't up to me.

Ashley left a while ago. We figured she wouldn't want to see me after all these years.

I hurt her. And myself in the process. I think about the past till midnight. The park is quite. The boathouse has emptied. The music is fading.

The past. Honestly that's how I spent the last 6 years, with past memories. I should move on but nothing feels right.

-

"Hey Cara, is Ms. Lockhart still here?" I casually ask trying not to sound like a stalker.

"No sir but she left a note for you. She said she was heading back. She had to catch a flight because of an emergency." She responds and hold up a piece of paper.

I take it and examine the paper. She returned the note which means she saw my note. And once again she left. An uneasy feeling welcomed me.

Just like that she's gone.

Life is back to normal. If normal meant an empty heart and cold emotions. Then yes! Very much so.

Despite all this time, she made it clear she doesn't want to see me. It's time I move on.

No more checking her social media profiles. No more staring at old memories for hours. No more.

It's safe to say I got a solid hour of sleep before the gruesome sound people call alarm started making my eardrums bleed.

My life now is everything I wanted when I was younger. Everything I don't want anymore.