16. Raodtrip and Juilo

"And in the middle of my chaos, there was you."

Aurora:

Aurora:

"So what did Daniel tell you?" I ask breaking the silence.

His eyes were fixed on the scenery outside the window. He seems like he is in deep thought.

"Uhh—what?" He coughs to clear his throat. He seems a bit startled. His honey dripped eyes are now on me.

My heart beat picks up it's pace.

Breathe.

"Why are you coming with me?" I clarify.

"I heard some commotion and learned about the setback and the so called road trip, Daniel suggested you go and I also volunteered. You know how we were supposed to go on a road trip across the states-" he tries to explain but I cut him off.

"That never happened." I say looking at him. He looks hurt by words. Well, the fact that he brought that up hurts me.

"Yeah, I know. I wish—"I cut him off again.

"Whatever it is, it's in the past." I shrug.

"Life doesn't always work as planned, you know it has not always been so easy." He looks in deep thought.

Where did he get this, pintrest?

"Yeah life's supposed to be a hot mess, it hasn't been easy for me either." I reply bored, blowing some imaginary dust of my finger nails.

"What happened?"

"Life." I give a smile that warns him to not push any further.

"Could you get anymore vague?" he asks with annoyance.

"I mean what do you expect? You can't come into my life whenever and demand to know everything." I shrug.

"Are you really going to be petty?" he questions.

"I guess you forgot who I am." Was my response.

"Oh no, no. I know you're the queen of being petty. I don't think I will ever forget the 9 months you would talk to me because I didn't show up that one time." That's it! He remembers, I guess he didn't forget about me after all.

"Isn't funny how those 9 months felt so long then and now it's been 7 years." he adds.

"Yeah, it's really funny." I don't find humor in what he just said.

It had been painful 7 years for me. And he finds this comedic.

"I am hungry." I declare.

"We are literally in the middle of nowhere." He uses his hands to gesture outside the window.

There's nothing but green fields that run for miles.

"I know it's not your job to care for my wellbeing but I need to fed right now." I dramatically add.