Chapter 3

"Mathematician."

"Eh? Why?!" Said one of the woman. "Ha? Isn't it obvious?" The man said.

"I'm sorry we we're just making a bet." The woman said. "A bet?" William asked. "He said he could tell someone's occupation with one look and he just would not miss!" The woman answered.

"Uwah really amazing. A spiral stairway, no wonder someone would be fascinated by it. Right?" The man said. "I'm right on the mark aren't I, Mr. Mathematician?"

"Why do you think that I am a mathematician?" William asked the man. "With just one look I can tell you're a noble. Now, if you were the eldest you would have a specific occupation but..... No matter how you look at it, you're not. If you were, you'd be in the social hall with the other nobles." The man said. "Right it's at his saying but, how does that make him a mathematician?" The woman ask. "That's because he was looking at the spiral stairway. "Time" and "distance" and "angle" do you get it now?"

"'Time'....?" The one of the woman repeated.

"Listen well, this is an easy deduction made from observation and knowledge. Besides, this work allowed to the young nobility are limited court lawyer...... doctor...... university professor and architect is about all of it. Architect? Maybe a student in physics? No that wasn't it. He wasn't looking at the pillar either because he wasn't interested in how the weight was distributed, then why? Why did he stop there? Because he wanted to see to confirm if the curve drawn by that stairway was made according to it that is by the golden ratio. Got it now? I'm done." The man said.

"I am indeed teaching mathematics at the university I surrender that was a good explanation you we're observing me very closely. However more than the golden ratio I like the fibonacci sequence." William said.

"Which means you got it right again!" The woman said.

"Well then I shall also try this let's see...." William started. "You..... look like you play the violin but that doesn't mean you're a musician, you also do hand to hand combat and seems to have very good physical abilities. Pardon me..." William said and move closer to the man. "Aditionally you like to conduct science experiments but hate your own drug dependance I suppose. Obviously a graduate from Oxbridge and.... talking as if you know everything. You must be proud of your background, particularly on your mother side... am I wrong?" William said.

"How'd you know?" The man asked.

"It's obvious." William asnwered.

After that they heard a noise and it sounded like four children. "Emma! Don't you dare go sliding on the stair's railing! You twat!" Rei said. "Emma, be careful, you might hurt yourself." Ciel said. "I'll go next!" Norman said.

As Norman and Emma decend the stairs by sliding to the stair's railings as they got to the end they heard a voice that they did not expect.

"Norman, Emma and what do you think you are doing?"

As Norman and Emma look up they saw their math professor.

"Emma! Norman! You brats! What in the bloody hell do you think you're doing?! What if a grown up saw what you did and tell sister about it? We will be in so much trouble!" Ray said more like shouted on the two.

"Rei, you don't need to shout. You two after this, inside your rooms, and I am not taking excuses." Ciel said.

"I see, even outside the university the two of you are still causing trouble. Should I tell your sister about this? She won't be happy if she heard that you two are causing trouble." William said.

"Wahhh! Mr. Moriarty, ahaha, we know that we are your favorite students can you keep this a secret please?" Emma said trying to make a deal with her teacher.