• onze •

Everything Jimin heard were loud bangs. Bang.. bang.. bang.. over and over again. It took him a few minutes to realize it was his own heartbeat, filling his ears. His mouth was dry, his body tired, his head felt like it was gonna explode. But all that was a secondary matter. He overheard familiar voices, under all the banging of his heart. Familiar voices he didn't want to hear. They took him. They took him and Jin. The two men who threatened their lifes just a few hours ago were now here, in this room, with them. Jimin could hear new voices on the way here. They sounded kind and almost funny, but he knew not to forget who those voices belong to. Now he's laying on a soft bed, surrounded by dim lights, his limbs hurting, but hugged by tight bandages and people talking, almost inaudible. They were quiet. And the sound of his panicking heart almost drowned them out completely, but he could hear them. He didn't understand what they were saying, but they were there. And what he could hear, didn't please him. It was the sound of the voice he hoped to never hear again.

"Look at him."

"He's awake."

"Watch his heart. The poor boy looks like he's having an attack."

"Let's not disturb him."

"We'll go and get dinner, you stay here with him, yes?"

"Of course."

Jimin could hear chairs being moved, followed by footsteps and a closing door, which ended in complete silence. At least, the room. He could still hear his loud breathing and panicking heart. Though it seemed to slow down. He didn't know if this was a good sign or not.

"You can open you eyes, Mr. Park, they are gone now.", a friendly voice with an australian accent spoke, "Don't worry, I won't bite, I'm just your doctor."

Jimin slightly opened his eyes. The little split of his eyes flooded his sight with bright light, he immediately shut them down. "Oh- I'm sorry, I will dim the lights more.", the voice said. The, anyway, dim light got even more dark. Jimin tried to open his eyes again. This time, it was okay. He slowly sat up, his every bone still hurting. He felt a hand at his upper back. "Slowly, Mr. Park.", the voice was now much nearer than before, "Be careful."

"Where.. where am I...", Jimin whispered, his throat hurting to much. He slowly looked to the side, to notice a young man sitting right beside him. The man had bright brown hair, styled back and a kind smile, with light dimples. He didn't look like an utterly violent man...

"You're in my clinic. I'm taking care of you and Mr. Kim Seokjin, you're safe here.", the man explained, giving Jimin a warm smile. "And.. who are you..?", the latter asked, watching him suspiciously, but with too little energy to sound sassy. "I'm Doctor Bang. Bit you can call me Christopher or just Chris." Jimin nodded. Chris sounded good. It was a kind name. "What happened..?", he asked, further wanting answers. The man carefully put up the bed, so that Jimin could sit comfortably. "What about I get you something to drink and a little bit to eat, you tell me how you feel and then I'll answer all of your questions? You've had a bad accident, you should rest before we talk."

"B-but where's Jin?"

"Mr. Kim Seokjin? He's in the room next to this one. He's still unconscious, so it'll be best if he won't be disturbed." Jimin looked to the ground. "When will he wake up?", he asked, carefully looking up into the others eyes. "I don't know. Probably in the next 12 hours, but I'm not sure. His injuries are much worse than your's, Mr. Park, but he'll get through it." Jimin gulped. He felt like he would burst any second. Then how would Jin feel? "D-do you think he-"

"I said questions later, Mr. Park. First, i will do a check up on you, okay?"

Jimin leaned himself back into the bedrest. He sighed heavily. He wouldn't get to see Jin in the near future. Dammit. "Then go ahead.. I have no other choice, do I?" He looked into the man's eyes. The man nodded, the eyes revealing a mix of malicious, but caring joy and motherly, pure worry. Jimin couldn't recognize clearly. His mind was still fogged by his pounding heart and blurry vision.

"Let's get started. I'll be careful."