XXVIII

Kiefer Ravena

Got home from dreadful training again. It was already 10 in the evening, I guess the twins were tucked in bed. Pros and cons of being a basketball player. First, I get to play my sports and at the same time I earn money from it too. Easy diba? But a disadvantage is that I don't have enough time to spend for my family most especially if it's already the start of our conference.

"Hi love!" It was Mika who opened the door for me. Buti pa nga siya, ang volleyball trainings niya umaga lang. Mika usually arrives at home around 5 PM that's why she has time for the twins.

"Hey. Where are the kids?" I asked while Mika was helping me with my things.

"Tulog na. Actually, kakaakyat lang nun dahil ayaw magpaawat. Si Katie inaaantay ka." She sat beside me on the couch. There was a tiny ache I felt in my heart when I knew Katie was waiting for me.

"Love, I'm so sorry." I held both of Mika's hands as I nudge over her shoulder.

"For what?" We stayed in that way a little longer.

"I cannot find quality time for us. Simula na kasi yung season eh?" I'm a hundred percent sure that Mika got used to this kind of setup. Back then, pinakamahirap na makuha naming dalawa is time. Hanggang ngayong mag-asawa na kami, hirap na hirap pa rin kami sa paghanap ng oras para sa aming dalawa at sa kambal.

"Love, I understand you completely. Syempre I'm your wife at tanggap ko na ganyan yung trabaho mo. Di bale, makakahanap naman tayo ng time for that pagkatapos ng season mo." Mika gave her most reassuring smile.

"Ikaw naiintindihan mo ako. Pero paano yung kambal? Miss na miss ko na sila." I frowned. She lifted my face up and surprisingly gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"You should tell them and explain everything to them. Matatalino mga anak mo, understanding din sila like me." Mika and I went upstairs to take a look at the twins. When we were already in front of their bedroom, she let me go inside alone.

There I found the twins tucked in bed. Kenzo, as always, tulog na tulog. No wonder why because of his hyperness. I sat by his bed and watched him sleep. Ang lalim na ng tulog nito panigurado.

On the other side was Katie's bed. She was covering her tiny frame with her blanket. I wanted to see her face but I was surprised to see that she was still awake.

"Princess, why are you still up?" I kissed her forehead and Katie suddenly frowned.

"I was waiting for you." She sat up straight and hugged her bunny plush toy.

"Why are you waiting for me? It's way pass your bedtime." I tugged her closer to me.

"It's because I miss you already, Daddy. You were always busy kasi." Katie nudged over me. We laid back on the head rest and stayed in that way for a little while.

"So what happened today? Kwentuhan mo naman si Daddy." I said and she looked up to me.

"Mom and I visited the restaurant kaninang morning. Then we played volleyball with Tita Dani. Tita Billie also came here and we baked cookies!" Katie narrated everything and I was just smiling the whole time. Parang nga tong si Mika eh, akala mo mahiyain pero kapag nagkwento, napakadaldal.

"Ang dami palang ginawa ni Katie ngayon no? Sige, para masaya, si Daddy na magpapatulog sayo. Okay ba yun?" I offered her a high five. "Yes naman daddy!"

I read her favorite story book, The Little Mermaid. After I have finished reading the story for her, Katie was not yet asleep.

"Princess, bakit naman di ka pa rin tulog? Ano pa bang kailangan gawin ni Daddy?" I scratched my head. Ang bagal bagal ko na ngang magbasa, eh hindi pa rin siya tinalaban ng antok.