Chapter 15: His Precognitive Nightmare

(Ahaha lets pretend that I totally didn't forget to write and publish this chapter like two weeks ago ahahahahha-

Anyways yeha enjoy🥸👍)

-Katsuki's P.O.V-

I spun my chair around and looked at my alarm clock that read 20:20 p.m. (8:20 p.m).
I had to admit, I was tired from doing my class work. I mean I was studying for 3 hours straight.

As I spun my chair back, I continued with my work. Flipping notebook pages, the tip of the pencil getting duller by the second. And then, before I knew it, I was done with all of my work.

As I began to put my things away, my eyelids began to grow heavy. I was so goddamn sleepy. I just wanted to sleep. I sighed as I finally put my notebook away.

I walked towards my bed yawning and rubbing my eyes. I climbed into the bed, looking up and staring at the ceiling.

Lately I've been having these reoccurring dreams of Izuku and I from our childhood and then the dream quickly shifting into a nightmare. Memories of Izuku looking sad whenever I'd make comments on his appearance, his abilities, basically everything about him. Memories of how Izuku's smile would quickly disappear whenever I'd talk. There were also memories of Izuku's self harm wounds, memories of Izuku in the hospital. Of how lifeless he looked, even though he was alive.

I knew the message behind the dream was telling me that it was all of my fault. That I had caused every single bad thing in Izuku's life.

That I was the problem. I was the reason why. It hurt. But there was nothing I could do about it, because no matter how hard I tried, the nightmare won't go away.

Slowly, my eyes began to become heavier. I was drifting off to a deep sleep. Before I knew it my dream had begun again.

———
(a/n this may be confusing, but from this point the story will be in katsuki's dream. It'll be described in like katsuki's POV but like he's watching it happen and describing what's happening. Then it'll change to Katsuki being inside the dream. )

I lifted my head to see Izuku as his childhood self. He was smiling, talking about how great All Might was, and how he aspired to become like him. I could see and hear Izuku imitating his voice and actions to a younger version of me. We were laughing. Having fun. Every time I have this dream, I can't help but remember how good of friends we were before I got a quirk.

As I watched us laugh my vision started to darken. It was different. This was completely different. This hadn't happened before. Everytime this dream would quickly change into the nightmare of memories of Izuku. I tried opening my eyes, I tried waking myself up. I tried as hard as I could- but nothing happened.

I was aware that I was dreaming. So why? Why the hell was I not able to open my eyes?

In my mind the world started to spin. I felt like I was going to throw up- when all of a sudden I was in a classroom. No- it was my classroom.

I looked around the room and saw Izuku. He was sitting at his desk, smiling... I let out a sigh of relief. It's been a while since I've seen him happy.

....

As the day went by, Izuku's behavior got extremely strange. He was wishing everyone a good day and saying goodbyes. Even though some people would push him or hit him, he kept smiling. It was...weird.