Chapter 3

This is the start, guys! Uwuuu!

Alright, you can scroll now!^_<

]|I{•------» CHAPTER THREE «------•}I|[

It had been weeks, probably a month and a half, since the incident at Disneyland, California, and Callie hadn't talked much about her real parents.

It really wasn't helping her feelings to keep thinking about them. And a week after meeting them, her walls came crashing down again.

Her daddy had just told her that the custody, her custody, was no longer in his hands because it had been transferred to Scarlett and Chris.

And she hadn't said a word after that.

There were multiple times Chris or Scarlett would call to check on her. She was confused at first as to how they knew her number, but she got used to it over time.

She had to show good manners and good intentions even though she was near shutting her phone down because of their annoying questions. Maybe they were trying to get closer to her, but it wasn't that easy, considering their situation.

Her parents, her biological parents, are actors—not just actors, but super famous people. They were Captain America and Black Widow; people would easily know them wherever they went.

Then August 2019 came. That's when Callie finally decided to give it a try, to give them a chance and to let herself explore the beauty and the ugliness of life with them.

Well, not everyone's perfect. No life is perfect. Everyone is imperfect, everyone has secrets, and everyone has their own reasons for their actions.

"I'm sorry, baby. I should've told you sooner," Patrick apologized for the tenth? Hundredth? Maybe a thousandth time now.

Callie shook her head, "You don't have to, Dad. In fact, I thank you for doing it. Yeah, I admit it's hard for me to accept it, but I still haven't given it a try, right? Maybe I could work things out, I hope."

A brunette woman walked towards Callie. "It's a big turning point in your life, love. But I hope you'll be able to cope with it, now that you already know your biological parents. And you'll be living with them now."

Callie smiled a little, "Thanks, Alice. I will never forget you and the things you have taught me. I love you." And Alice hugged the blonde girl.

"How about me? You won't give me a hug?" Patrick feigned a hurt expression by putting his hand on his heart.

Callie chuckled, "I'm gonna miss you, Dad..." She wrapped her arms around her dad. "I will never forget you too, never in my life. Thank you for everything, thank you for taking care of me, and thank you for loving me, for considering me a part of your family."

"And you, Mike. Thanks for your annoyance, pranks, and childishness. I'll never forget you too." Mike smiled and stuck out his pinky finger.

"Oh c'mon, as if you won't visit us once a month, huh?" Callie giggled, feeling a little sad as tears slightly covered her vision. "Ha ha, yeah, I'm gonna visit you guys once a year. Haha, just kidding, but yeah. I'm gonna miss y'all," she intertwined her pinky finger with her brother Mike's.

Then there was a doorbell, and someone was outside. "Could be him," Callie said and took a deep breath.

They went to the front door, revealing Chris Evans with black sunglasses, a white sweater, and black jeans. "Hi," he greeted with a smile.

Scarlett was supposed to be the one there, but she was busy re-shooting some scenes for her Black Widow movie and also Chris had a guest appearance in L.A., so they came up with the idea of just Chris fetching Callie.