Chapter 13

Hello, here's chapter thirteen!:D Yeah, I know the storyline's so problematic but I can't change that anymore💀😪

]|I{•------» CHAPTER THIRTEEN «------•}I|[

N

ew York to Missouri.

A two-hour flight.

If Callie wasn't sure, she wouldn't have been there. She thought of nothing but the future and the outcome of her lying (again) to Scarlett.

She just wanted to be alone! She just wanted to be away from everyone and everything. She couldn't go to her adoptive parents because they're one call away from her real ones, and letting her friends know where she was going wouldn't help either.

She looked so joyous, but sadness was hidden behind that smile. She was sad and felt like all of her energy was taken from her. Because she was the reason for everything that's happening. She looked pale and her eyes were tired.

God, didn't she just cry for her stupid life, but she also blamed herself.

Why can't she just live like a normal teenage girl should? Why can't she have the life she had before? Why does her mama ignore her so much? She can't thoroughly explain herself. She just can't. Because she had to accept everything: she was the cause.

She had just arrived at a place where she knew she was always welcome to stay. She didn't actually know what to do if this door opened. Would she smile? Would she hug the wonderful people behind this wooden door or feel the urge for a breakdown?

And the door did. It opened up and two people were standing by it with confusion and a visible smile on their faces. "Callie...?"

Rhislett smiled cheerfully, though tears were blurring her eyes. "Pappie and Grammie!" And the two elderly people welcomed her in a tight embrace.

She let out a breath of relief and damn, she was shaking all over. "Kiddo, hey! You're here, are you with someone?" Mary, Callie's grandmother, asked, and the girl giggled as she retracted herself from the hug.

"No, Grammie. I'm all by myself, but don't worry, I'm here now. Safe and sound." The couple only furrowed their eyebrows more, "Do your parents know about this, sweetie?" Daniel, her grandfather, asked.

Callie nodded her head and smiled, "They do."

"Callie...?"

"We know it isn't true, kiddo. Those blue eyes can't lie to us. You know?"

Callie giggled again, "Okay, okay. Can I come in?"

They all walked inside and Callie sat on the sofa in the living room. Mary then gave her a glass of water, which she thanked her for. "Grammie... they have no idea I'm here," she started, and her grandma listened carefully beside her.

The couple was sure that their grandchild wasn't good. She wasn't fine and it could be seen by how she looked and how those blue orbs prevented their tears from falling. "I can't... I can't tell them where I am. I don't want them to be worried, but... I also can't keep myself together right now," she admitted and bit her bottom lip to keep herself intact.

"I just needed out, so I came here because there's no one else I could actually go to. You and Pappie are one of those people I can rely on... I just don't know what to do anymore." And a silent tear brimmed down her eyes.

"I've tried my best. I'm trying my best to get along with them so there won't be a problem anymore... b-but I think it's not enough. S-she hates me now because I've done nothing but cause problems for their family." She sniffled and hid her face in her hands.