Chapter 7

Alright, here's chapter seven guys!

I hope you'll like it!^_<

]|I{•------» CHAPTER SEVEN «------•}I|[

Scarlett and her three favorite people ended up spending the night at Rhislett's grandma's house since the road was slippery due to the snow. It was great to be able to get to know your mom's family, right?

Everyone asked Callie a whole bunch of questions, and she, of course, struggled to answer them. To add to that, her younger cousins frequently asked her questions about her favorite superheroes and Disney princesses. It was somehow annoying, but she liked it as much as she liked the turkey Scarlett had cooked for the family.

And her hand?

Oh, she struggled but got used to it.

The house had only three spare bedrooms, so this is what happened. The boys slept in one room, and the girls in the other. Scarlett, Rose, and Rhislett had to sleep in one bed together.

If you say it was awkward, then that's fine because it was extremely uncomfortable, though the bed was comfy and foamy.

Rose was on one side because the bed was against the wall, so she wouldn't actually fall off. Scarlett was in the middle, and Callie was on the right side.

Could this be more awkward than meeting your ex-best friend for the first time again?

"Does it still hurt?" Scarlett asked, her face showing concern for her daughter.

"Uhm, nope," was the only answer from Callie as she turned her back to her mother.

Callie almost giggled at the little snores of her sister, though she couldn't because her mama was still wide awake. "Rhis, you can move a little closer to me so you won't fall off," Scarlett offered as she stared at the girl for a moment.

"Uh... I'm fine."

It was the first time they were sleeping together, and Callie didn't talk much about it.

Scarlett could see the girl having a hard time positioning her hand so it wouldn't be irritated, and she felt bad for it. She shouldn't have let her join them in the kitchen.

"Is the air conditioner too cold? I can adjust it if you feel so cold."

Callie shook her head, "I'm fine. No need for that."

Scarlett nodded and lay on the bed. She stared at the ceiling and listened to the silent thump of her heart because, obviously, how could she even explain what had happened to Chris? Knowing that Christopher is an overprotective father to their daughter.

Just a slight scratch on the skin and he'd be overdramatic. How about the burned epidermis of their Rhislett?

Scarlett vividly remembered the time when Rhislett was 10 months old and was starting to take steps on her own. She stumbled and fell on her knee, and Chris overreacted and almost became mad at Scarlett for not watching their baby more closely.