Little Things

I sat in my last period, Spanish class. It was hard to concentrate when I knew that in a few minutes I would be going to Dalton to see Hunter and the Warblers perform.

"Hey." the guy sitting next to me whispered. I remembered him. He sat next to me in Glee Club. He had glasses and was in a wheelchair.

"Hi." I said.

"You seem a little, well, jumpy. Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Just a little excited. I'm going to a friends school to watch them preform." I said.

"That sounds fun. I'm Artie by the way." he said, extending his hand.

"Marcia. But you probably knew that considering you're in Glee and I was introduced on Tuesday." I said, shaking his hand.

Then, the bell rang. I jumped from my seat and raced to my locker. I didn't want to be late or keep the Warblers waiting.

I almost bumped into Blaine.

"Oops. Sorry Blaine!" I said.

"You seem to be in a hurry. Where's the fire?" he asked.

"No fire. I'm going to Dalton to watch the Warblers practice." I blurted in one breath.

Blaine's face went white and his eyes widened. He looked as if he seen a ghost.

"The-the Warblers?" he asked.

"Yeah. Hunter invited me yesterday." I explained.

"Hunter?!"

Suddenly, I had this sick feeling in my stomach. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to go. Or, at least, not have told anyone.

Blaine must've seen how nervous I was, because he said, "The Warblers and the New Directions have had a bit of a run in. They wanted me to re-join and they stole our trophy. Long story. I'll tell you some time."

"So, it's okay that I'm going over?" I asked.

"Yeah. If you really want to."

I walked into the Dalton School and down the long staircase. There were many boys dressed the same way Hunter was, in dress pants and shoes with white shirts, ties and blazers.

I looked around and noticed a familiar face walking down the stairs. I smiled. I knew who that was.

"Excuse me." I said, grabbing onto Hunter's blazer.

He spun around and smiled at me.

"I need some help." I continued, acting as if we never met.

"Sure. My names Hunter." he said, extending his hand and playing along.

"Marcia." I replied, shaking his hand. (Klaine moment!)

"Well, Marcia. Where are you headed to?"

"The Warblers choir room. I was invited by some guy at Lima Bean yesterday." I said.

"Okay. Follow me." Hunter said, extending his hand.

I took his hand and we walked down the long hall towards a room. I could already hear singing and voices. It sounded much nicer then the New Directions choir room.

Hunter and I turned and entered a beautiful room. A bunch of boys were scattered around the room, talking a singing. There were redish leather couches, tables and even a fire place!

Man, I though. This is way nicer than our choir room.

"Guys!" Hunter said, getting everyone's attention. "This is Marica, the girl I told you about. She will be watching us practice today."

"Please, just pretend I'm not here. I don't want you guys to think you have to be amazing just because someone's watching." I said.

Hunter exchanged looks with a tall boy that I guessed was Sebastian.

"Marcia, this is Sebatian Syme. Co-head." Hunter said.

"Pleased to meet you, Sebastian." I said, shaking his hand.

"Pleased to meet you, too, Marcia." Sebastian said.

Hunter lead me over to a couch. I sat down as he walked over and whispered something to the guys.

They began humming a song that sounded familiar. Hunter smiled right at me and began singing.

"Your hand fits in mine like its made just for me, but bare this in mind, it was meant to be." he sang, staring right in my eyes

The song was Little Things by One Direction. And they were singing it to me. Or, at least, Hunter was.

"I won't like these little things slip out of my mouth. But if it's true. It's you. It's you they add up to. I'm in love with you. And all your little things."

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you." that wasn't Hunter's voice. It was mine! I didn't realize I was singing until I stood up and walked over to join the guys.

"You never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to." Hunter and I sang together. "If I let you know, I'm here for you. Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you."

We sang together in perfect harmony. When we finished, everyone cheered. Hunter and I smiled at each other.

"That was great, Marcia. You're such a great singer." Sebastian said.

"Gee, thanks. You're all amazing singers. I'm glad I could be here and hear you guys perform." I said.

I looked at Hunter, who had the biggest smile ever on his face. I smiled back and at that moment, I knew, Hunter was in love with me.