Nationals

We were first. First is never good. You don't get to see your competition first and decide if you're gonna do bad or good.

"We're up in five." Ryder said. He took my hand. "You okay?"

I shook my head.

"We should've told Mr. Schue. He's gonna kill us." I said.

"No he's not. This setlist is better and it'll be more touching." he said. "Don't worry. Let's go."

We did our show circle, which started with a prayer to Finn, led by Artie, who was the only guy that's known Finn longest.

"Finn," he started. "these songs will never be sung better then you sang them, but we'll try our best. We'll win this for you, Finn. We'll win this for you."

"Hands in the middle everyone!" Blaine said. We put our hands in the middle. "For Finn."

"For Finn!" we all exclaimed and threw our hands in the air. Everyone clapped and we exited to the stage.

Artie, Tina and Brittany went on stage first. The rest of us stood behind. They were doing solos first. Mr. Schue came up to us.

"What are they doing? Marley and Jake are singing the first solo." he said.

"We changed the setlist Mr. Schue." Blaine said. "You'll see."

"Ladies and gentlemen. Straight from Lima Ohio, the one and only New Directions!"

The curtains opened and the music started. Artie wheeled forward to start the song.

Artie: "I can't fight this feeling any longer

And yet I'm still afraid to let to flow"

Brittany: "What started out as friendship

Has grown stronger

I only wish I had the strength to let it show"

The rest of us came in, singing in the background as Tina sang the next part.

Tina: "And I'm getting closer then I ever thought I might"

All: "And I can't fight this feeling any more

I forgotten what I started fighting for

It's time to bring this ship into the shore

And throw away the ores

Baby I can't fight this feeling anymore"

I turned and nodded to someone standing back stage. He gave me the thumbs up and typed in something in his laptop. The lights on the stage went out except for three spot lights on Artie, Brittany and Tina. A projector that was set up in front of the stage started playing a sideshow of pictures of Finn.

Artie: "My life has been such a world wind since I saw you

I've been running round in circles in my mind

And it always seems that I'm following you girl

Cause you take me to the places that alone I'd never find"

Tina: "And even as I wander

I'm keeping you in sight

You're the candle in the window on a cold dark winters night"

All three: "And I'm getting closer that I ever thought I might"

All: "Cause I can't fight this feeling any more

I forgotten what I started fighting for

Even if I have to crawl upon your floor

Come crashing through your door