Regionals

Regionals came quickly and everyone was excited. Blaine and I helped Mr. Schue pick out the outfits. The girls wore black dresses with blue ribbons around their waists. Boys wore black dress pants and a black shirt with blue bow ties and blue suspenders. It was in honor of Finn.

This year, the set list had to be 3/4 powerful songs. Our setlist was People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson, Best Song Ever by One Direction and The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes featuring Ryan Tedder.

All of us were going to sing People Like Us. The boys were going to sing Best Song Ever and Marley and I were going to sing The Fighter. Mr. Schue chose us because he wanted to showcase some girl talent.

"Alright everyone. Show circle! Come on!" called Mr. Schue.

We all stood in a circle and held hands. We waited for someone to speak up and say the first word. Finally, Artie spoke.

"For Finn." he said.

"For Finn." we all repeated.

"Okay! Hands in the middle." Mr. Schue said.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING!"

We were performing second. The first was some Glee club called the Whoserdaddies. They sang Clarity by Zedd and Foxes.

"They're good." I whispered to Ryder.

"We're better." Jake said.

Once they were finished, we took place on stage. Kitty stood centre stage because she was doing that first speaking part.

"Ladies and gentlemen. From Lima, Ohio, give it up for the McKinley High New Directions!"

The curtain rose and a single spotlight shone on Kitty.

Kitty: "We come into this world unknown

But know that we are not alone

They try to knock us down

But change is coming

It's out turn now"

Brittany stepped forward.

Brittany: "Hey

Everybody loses it

Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes"

Jake: "And hey

Yeah, I know what you're going through

Don't let it get the best of you

You'll make it out alive"

Marcia and Unique: "Oh, people like us

We've got to stick together

Keep your head up

Nothing lasts forever"

Blaine and Ryder: "Here's to the damned

To the lost and forgotten

It's hard to get high when you're

Tina: "Living on the bottle"

All: "Oh whoa

Oh whoa

We are all misfits living in a world on fire

Oh whoa

Oh whoa

Sing it for the people like us

The people like us"

We had the crowd up and dancing. I could see our two opposing teams sitting with their eyes wide and their mouths open. They knew we were real competition.