Chapter 2: Guerrilla

In between the borders of the two halves of the country, darkness loomed over the careful steps of the small group of South Korean Soldiers patrolling the 38th parallel. The two sides strategically deployed a few soldiers to the border to keep watch and capture those that crosses them. Both wanted to unite the country as one but the question as to who swallows who hung heavy in the air. From the two opposing forces bullets have been fired, necks strangled and throats were cut to whoever strays from the rigid line that is slowly blurred as days went by.

Breathless sounds of a running man who swiftly got off from the military jeep trailed in the gloomily lit garden filled with the scent of magnolia.

"Permission to speak sir." The handsome staff sergeant spoke with a salute arriving at the general's study.

"Huijae, you can take your time to calm down. I think I already know what you have to say." Jisung fixed his spectacles lifting his gaze from the papers in his hand to the man in front of him.

"Tomorrow evening you're invited to the city hall for a meeting to discuss what happened tonight. This will definitely hasten the war earlier than expected and the president is yet to convince the United States to aid us. This is-" The staff sergeant paused when the general eyed him in a manner that made him stop talking.

"I will be there tomorrow. It's just a simple gathering Huijae. My father wants to see Chenle as well." Jisung calmly spoke.

"But-" Huijae was about to retort something when he understood that they have incoming company. He was too preoccupied to notice the approaching faint scent of pea blossoms.

"I shall make sure to be ready around five-thirty tomorrow." He spoke saluting to Jisung before exiting and bowing to the general's wife who's now standing by the door.

"Jisung..." Chenle began while placing his hand in his pocket walking slowly towards his husband.
"I'm nervous about tomorrow evening's dinner." He admitted taking a seat in front of the taller's desk.

The younger settled the papers down and stood up.

His wife in the meantime followed his movements curious as to what his husband is now thinking.
He watched as Jisung was about to remove his glasses making him abruptly stand up,
"Don't."
Lifting his hands up he placed them on either side of the glasses.

The taller on the other hand was caught off guard at the sudden closeness, their fingers brushing against each other. Not letting himself get carried away he lifted one of his brows silently asking the older what he's doing.

Suddenly realizing what he has done he quickly withdrew his hands.
Looking away he stuttered,
"I- I..."
Coughing, he then managed to look at his husband in the eye,
"What? You look good with them on."

"Uhuh?" The taller nodded hiding a chuckle underneath his smile.
"Where do you think you're going?" Extending his hand, he caught the smaller who's trying to walk away from him.

For a moment their eyes met and silence started to invade between the two.

Jisung started to take a few steps closing the small gap.
"Can I kiss you?" His deep voice requested, sending shivers that weaken Chenle's legs.

"We're married. You don't have to ask permission every time."
The sentences were barely out of his mouth when he felt lips against his.
He never knew kisses could feel this good. It feels natural, addicting that he can't help his arms from wrapping on its own around the taller's neck deepening the kiss. The omega inside him is submitting day by day to the alpha in front of him that he can actually feel himself getting lost in Jisung's every touch. His thoughts are now filled with the younger's that he feels like he's not himself anymore.
A gasp escaped his mouth when the taller pulled away.