Chapter 15: Hibiscus

⚠️Warning: This chapter contains explicit contents (smut). Please skip the middle part if you find this uncomfortable. Yes this is necessary. Chenle's disappointed with me from the previous chapter. And uh... Yep Jisung raised his hand too. Just kidding about the last two sentences. 😅😆

"Jisung," Jaemin whispered when he saw the presidential vehicle arrive sandwiched in between two cars. Waiting for his friends to hop out from the jeep he nervously stood there clasping his shaking hands.

"Jisung!" He repeated with more volume than earlier whilst joining the younger that's heading towards him.

"Hyung," the taller smiled in sympathy reaching out to hug the clearly rattled man.

"Chenle," Jaemin is nearly in tears when he hugged the omega as well.
Fixing himself, he cleared his throat and tensely inquired,
"H-How?"

Scanning the surroundings the youngest there whispered,
"Let's go inside first. I think it's best that we discuss it in private."
He then gestured towards the hospital entrance to his left.
Double checking silently that the older alpha is comfortable with the arrangement, Jisung then gently took his wife's hand and pulled him along.

———

"Here," the younger alpha placed down the cups of tea on a round wooden coffee table. They're now inside the empty director's office with the other two sitting down on the couch while he took another cup. Jisung swept the entire room and made sure the curtains are closed before finally joining Chenle and Jaemin.
"Nobody knows about this except for a few of my trusted men," he began in a whisper.
"I only took two bodyguards tonight who drove themselves here because I cannot risk the rest of the staff knowing. Jeno is from the North after all. Not to mention our current efforts to go forth on the exchange regarding the prisoners of war might be compromised if this goes out to the public." Pausing briefly he took a slow sip of his tea before placing it back down on top of a saucer.
"Chenle also told me about the ambush their team met during the war and something about that did not sit quite right with me. Until I uncover more about this I plan on keeping Jeno's return a secret. He was found at the border heavily wounded and my gut tells me this isn't something to be taken lightly. I've instructed another doctor that I trust to tend to him because I felt like it may not be suitable for you to take care of the situation, not that I trust you less. I'm very sorry. I do not intend to undermine your expertise."

"No. I understand," the oldest there gave his most considerate smile.
The expression however quickly receded and was replaced with a worried frown.
"H-How is he?" His fingers that are curled around the teacup's handle tightened afraid of the answer.

Jisung gulped at the query. He was prepared to answer something like this a minute ago but hearing it being asked with such a fragile voice from the usually collected man made him hesitant.

"I do not know, hyung," he responded faintly.
"They're still in the operating room."

Chenle felt the sadness in his husband's tone that he also found it even more painful to bear. Softly caressing the alpha's hand he looked at him with a hopeful expression.
"We can only wait."
Slowly shifting to look at Jaemin he then added,
"We'll be right here with you hyung."
His eyes are stinging a little bit but he maintained a solemn smile towards the older.

They waited while discussing Jisung's case about stopping the medication for a while. The doctor gave his inputs about it and agreed in the end about the couple's wish. He then recommended some precautionary advices to the two until they heard a knock from the door.