Chapter 11: Farewells

Rustling through the thicket by the edge of the forest Chenle tried to use the radio again.

"Stonewall, this is Orcinus over." Hearing the crack he waited. They should be close to the division by now.

"This is Stonewall. Orcinus we haven't been able to contact you for months. What happened? Over."

"We've been ambushed. Do not go towards the border, China sent a hundred thousand. I'm close to your camp I'll tell more when I arrive there. For now just relay to them about this.Over."

By the time Chenle released the radio, he felt a searing pain spreading all throughout his abdomen.
"Ah!" He groaned crouching down clutching his belly. It was almost an hour when he first felt discomfort and he's been struggling to endure ever since.

"Chenle!" Ten whispered sharply helping the man stand up.

"I'm close." He panted.

"Can you still walk?"

"Hm." The younger nodded. He needs to walk as fast as he can before it will be unbearable.

Looking ahead Jisung walked onwards his pace picking up. Just now he felt that his wife is close.
Alarmed at the surge of panic around him he knows Chenle is in trouble. Following his senses he wasted no time in finding the man. They're on the eve of the offensive plan and he knew he shouldn't be doing this but he felt like they're close.

"Jisung..." The older whimpered, at a loss of how he could do this without his husband, his knees buckling with every step. He could feel something trickle down his legs that intensified his terror.
"Too painful... I can't walk anymore." Exhausted he gripped the tree trunk to his left reluctant in giving up.

"Chenle!"

Hearing his name he looked up and held the golden pair of eyes flickering in front of him. He did not guess that they're this close to the camp and that's when he realized, "You're moving forward already?"
Despite the quiver in his tone and fading strength in his legs he managed to blurt out his concern.

"That's not what's important right now." With just a blink of an eye he was already beside his wife scooping him off the ground.
"I'm sorry but I have to go. You're close... not even more than five meters. He turned towards the beta. Bowing a little he disappeared back to the camp's direction.

"Jaemin!" Blasting the flap of the hospital tent open he raised his voice.

The doctor's eyes widened at the site. An omega who's clearly about to give birth lay weakly on the arms of the lad who appeared composed despite the voice already reeling away from calmness.
Worried, Jaemin released his soothing scent. Most alphas would be appalled by another alpha's scent but this is his gift, a scent that brings serenity to all who had a whiff. This is also the reason why he chose to be a doctor.
"Lay him here." Gesturing towards a bed he began preparing the things he needed.
"Breath Chenle... Don't push." The comfort in his voice filled the room while his hands examined the abdomen.
He then instructed the younger alpha to release his pheromones because it will help the omega who's been far away from him.
Donning on his mask and gloves he injected anesthesia on Chenle after draping him properly.
"You have to help me ok? You clean and wrap the babies with the blankets after I give them to you." He turned to Jisung giving him a reassuring smile, he already gave the two nurses earlier an order to rest for tomorrow plus it seemed manageable so he decided to only have the younger as his assistant.

The taller nervously held his wife's hand, closing his eyes as he released his relaxing scent. Leaning down he kissed the smaller's forehead. He only looked up just when he heard a cry. Subconsciously, a tear slid down his cheek while his trembling hands held a baby girl. He couldn't help but linger a little on the face of the omega who's been carrying this alone. Overwhelmed, his tears are now streaming down uncontrollably. Wrapping the second one he was shocked to see Jaemin prepare for another one.
"H-How many are there?" He asked worried.