Chapter 14: Under the Magnolia Trees

⚠️Warning: This chapter contains explicit contents (smut). Please skip the middle part if you find this uncomfortable. Forgive me if this is a little cringy he-he I'm not good at writing these kinds of topics.

Walking on the road to the restaurant, Chenle breathed in the sudden gust of wind. It is quiet and he can hear the way the branches were swaying along the breeze. His eyes trailed on the lamps when a voice spoke right by him.

"Hi."

Smiling, the smaller approached his husband that's waiting by the doorway.
"What are you doing waiting here outside, hm?" Grasping Jisung's hands he grinned while wrapping those muscular arms around him.

"I want us to have a dinner date." He answered while he turned his head towards the dining area beside them.

"Huijae said that he'll drive us back to the Blue House after an hour." The older buried his head on the wide warm chest, ignoring the guards surrounding the entrance.

The taller nodded, caressing carefully the soft tuft of hair beneath his chin. "This is where we had our first official date."

Chuckling, Chenle agreed with a hum while tightening his hold around his husband. Finally taking a peek inside he was surprised to see the decorations and the delightful single table to the side.

"I want to dance." He requested quietly rubbing his cheek on the smooth material of Jisung's uniform.

Pulling away as delicately as he could the taller offered his hand in a gentle manner,
"Would you like to dance with me?"

Melting at his lover's gesture he snickered,
"Yes. Thank you, I'd love to."

Inside the restaurant the other tables were removed to leave the spacious dance-floor. Their feet lightly tap on the wooden floorboards and the moccasin shade of the room intensified the yellow light. When Chenle opened his eyes once more he noticed the magnolia flowers decorating the ceiling and candles strategically placed around the room that it illuminated the romantic scene.
"It's beautiful Ji." He spoke as he was spun around.

"They helped me. Haechan's parents even got us the flowers." Jisung blushed shyly as his fingers slid through their joined fingers.

"I love you Jisung." The older whispered and the moment the taller twirled him around instead of completing the step he rushed and kissed his husband.
His breath were captured in every press of their lips and his closed eyes shut even more tightly savoring the way his mouth molds into his lover.
"It's been so long ever since I saw you in this."
He sighed while tracing circles on his husband's chest with the tip of his index finger feeling the cloth of the military uniform.

"Mhm. I put it on just for today." The younger answered taking a step back while catching the smaller's hand in his.
"Let's eat, the food might go cold." He remarked with a grin pulling his wife towards the table.

Eating the prepared meal set on a lace tablecloth with a candlelight centerpiece Chenle complemented the food.
"This is good Ji. You made this yourself?"

"Not by myself. I had a lot of help from from Mrs. Han and Mrs. Lee, Haechan's mother." The taller admitted.
"You know I have disastrous ways in the kitchen. If let alone the entire restaurant will burn down." He laughed.

The smaller shrugged,
"Well I don't have anything to say about that."
He grinned teasingly.
"By the way... Mark really came back for Haechan. I think that's sweet."

"Mhm." Twirling his fork on the pasta, Jisung continued.
"Haechan told me that his family were surprised to see a handsome man looking for him... Look at them now finally together."
Gazing softly on the lowered eyelids of his wife that's focused on his plate, he extended his arm to touch the resting fingers near him.
"Thank you Chenle. For staying beside me... especially managing the economic affairs and putting all your effort into meeting with your business partners to expand our foreign trade connections. I won't be here without you."