Chapter 10: Longing

Months later the UN decided to cross the border and they've managed to successfully cover the majority of North Korea but just when victory drew closer, China decided to intervene as predicted. This posed a problem for the UN forces because the geographical terrains and stratification favors the other side. This also gave the opposing troops advantage because they knew the area better.

One by one the UN divisions were either brutally attacked or surrounded.

"Chenle we need to warn the sixth division!" The other intelligence officer hissed.
They're the only ones left of what was once a hopeful intelligence team who ventured first in the enemy territories almost nine months ago. They faintly heard the plan from their assigned divisions through the radio but unfortunately their signal isn't enough to be able to transport relevant information back to the troops and was cut off from them for days now. They could only listen at the planned strategies knowing that if they don't reach them in time it will lead to a suicide attack.

"We have to keep moving." Chenle answered his eyes surveying the small stream in front of him waiting for enough time so they can cross it safely. Across the shallow river is a mountain of forest that will bring them closer to the sixth division and if they're lucky they might get a reception this time. They have to notify the men that unlike the previous information the air intel acquired, the soldiers stationed near the border of North Korea and China is not just ten thousand but almost a hundred thousand.

"Clang!" The sound of metals hitting the container as it flew towards the floor could be heard when a man sat on the bed with his hand swinging towards the things on the table.

Ripping off the bandages he glared around his surroundings.

"You're finally awake?" A voice calmly inquired picking up the medical tools that had fallen to the ground.

"Where am I?" A rough growl seeped inside the secluded tent followed by heavy footsteps.

"Gng." The white coat swayed a little, when the doctor was pushed back a hand now firmly gripping his throat.

"Who are you?" With gritted teeth the well built man asked, surprised that he barely made a dent on the stance of the other.

"Remove your hand first." His eyes flickered fiercely but the tone remained tranquil.
"I said your hands." Slapping lightly the back of his hand on the elbow of his captor, the stranger quickly withdrew his fingers feeling the huge contrast between the strength and elegance of the movement.
"My name is Na Jaemin and you're currently in my tent. You're Lee Jeno Right?"
He smiled.

"Where did you put my uniform?" Jeno asked more composed than his initial reaction.
"Why did you have to save me?" Looking down he contemplated for a while. He wanted to die and yet here he is alive and standing.
Suddenly he remembered about his brother's toy.
"Where did you put my uniform?" He turned towards Jaemin getting aggressive again.

"Don't worry I kept the small bear I found in your pocket. I have to burn the rest or else you wouldn't be allowed to stay here." The doctor answered.
"Now rest. Your wounds aren't fully healed yet. You're an alpha but they were critical bone injuries. Sit down Jeno."
He ordered pressing the guy down to sit on the stretcher.

"You're an alpha too, aren't you? You smell like thick medicinal herbs."
Jeno spoke following the man's hands that replaced the bandages around his bare upper torso. It wasn't so much of a question but he was curious about the guy.
"It's calming." He added.

Smiling Jaemin stood straight up after carefully dressing the wounds.
"It almost didn't work on you."
"Rest." He repeated before turning around to leave.

"Thank you."

A voice behind him mumbled. Biting his lips to stop himself from smiling again he moved out of his tent.
He then went towards the direction of clustered camps across his own.

"Uugghhhhh!" With stifled shouts, an alpha on the bed was bound with chains around his feet and hands.

Jaemin observed the distressed male eyeing the guy keeping him company.
"Mark he's still not down yet?"
Furrowing his brows, he massaged his temples. The marine troops joined the sixth division and several more in reinforcing their strength before they commence the offensive plan on taking the remaining area of North Korea.
If this continues the alpha will be having a hard time in controlling his division.

"Chenle!" Jisung screamed yanking the chains when he sat up panting, his eyes swimming in gold.
"Jaemin... He's not... Something's wrong. I can feel it. He needs me."
Tearing up, his knuckles turned pale as he fought the raging alpha inside him, feeling the overprotective compulsion to protect his omega take over.

Heaving a sigh the doctor is buried in worry. The experimental drugs he had were too mild for this man. He could see the strain on the chains even if the younger is supposed to be weakened after he already gave him a few sedatives.

"Jisung... I'm sorry but we can't let your instinct to go to your omega overrule your duties here." Taking a bottle inside his coat pocket he slipped a large capped needle from the other.
"This is the strongest suppressor for alphas I have for now. I've been experimenting this on myself but I'm not sure if this will work on you. You're pure blooded after all."
Inserting the needle inside the bottle, he extracted all of it unlike the usual dosage he's used to.

The youngest there can only watch when the medicine was injected, submitting to the truth about his situation.
Tears fell along with the gradual fading of gold in his eyes.
"Chenle", he muttered in helplessness.

"Eugghh..." Kneeling on the forest floor Chenle vomited. It's supposed to have disappeared by now but he's severely malnourished not to mention the jacket he's using to hide his belly is getting too hot for the weather so he's almost nauseated all the time.

His companion ran towards him helping him up, only to be brought down because the omega is barely able to stand up.
"Chenle..." Taking the gaunt fingers into his, the beta worried for the guy.
"You don't have to hide it anymore. It's just the two of us. I know you're pregnant." He finally said it.

"Ten..." Tears fell his heart aching for Jisung.
"I feel like I'll give birth anytime soon... We have to hurry and save them...
If I can help it I don't want my children to wake up in a world like this."

Shakily exhaling the older supported the poor man up,
"How many do you think you're carrying?"

"Three? Maybe four?" Lifting his hands, Chenle pressed them on his obvious bump.

"We're getting close. I know your alpha is suffering right now too so the closer you are you'll know it."
Ten comforted the boy and they finally managed to successfully cross the river.

"We have to meet them or else almost no one will survive." The omega comforted himself and gave his own determination power.
"For the country." He touched the bandages on both his arms and legs holding the bullet wounds he had been carrying after they escaped the ambush that killed most of their companions.
"For my husband... and our children." He tried to smile entering the dense forest that's separating them.