Chapter 8: Breakthrough

Prior to the decided landing on Incheon, the US bombed the other areas categorized as possible landing spots to confuse the North Koreans. The Korean People's Army (KPA) of the North expected that the UN forces will decide to bomb the area of landing to make a clearer way but now that every probable location they can think of was bombarded they don't know which is which anymore. This technique left the KPA scattered easing the tension around the Busan perimeter a little.
This is a good strategy but it doesn't mean that the communists are easily defeated.

The plan of the UN forces is to land at Incheon and take back Gimpo airport to fully make use of the air advantage that the United States will now willingly provide after finally deciding to fully participate in the war. Once the landing will commence, the remaining South Korean Army along with the initial UN forces that were trapped in the Busan perimeter must break through the lines to be able to make a northward push and meet those who landed on Incheon.

Fifteenth of September 1950, the UN reinforcements commanded by the world war 2 veteran General MacArthur started to stealthily land on the three strategic beaches of Wolmido an island one kilometer away from Incheon. The rescued thirteenth division of the Korean Army also joined the marines in this operation.

The troops are met with only a little resistance thus successfully infiltrating Incheon.
Now the only thing left is for the Busan perimeter to break.

"Captain Joon can you hear me? Do you copy?" Jisung pressed the button on the radio as he spoke. Looking at the device he was only responded with a useless static.

They needed company 57 and 59 along with several other battalions to change their positions but not one of them are responding. They also needed to convey the signal to the other companies on that direction but with the current situation the needed shift in strategic points renders them in a predicament.

"I know how we'll be able to do this Jisung."

Chenle's voice came from his side while they duck from time to time to avoid the bullets that has raced past them.

Inside their foxholes they took the time to look at each other,
the taller knew what the older meant by it.

"I can time it better because I've been doing so the past months. I have to manually pass the intel Jisung. That's part of my job." The smaller spoke, his tone firm and serious.

The husband can only nod.
Pulling his wife for a quick kiss he whispered in a pained voice,
"Come back to me. Come back to me alive Chenle."

"I will. Now cover for me." The older gave his husband an encouraging smile.
With that he saw how Jisung's sable eyes now swam with gold.

"Go." The alpha spoke using his voice. Taking out his rifle he aimed with his heightened senses.

Every bullet aimed at Chenle were met by his own accurate shots piercing through the metallic shells tearing it into strips falling dead to the ground.

Chenle ran as fast as he could. He knew his way now better than the previous occasions. Successfully arriving at each company points, he manually gave the commands at perfect timing and the operation went smoothly.

After that it didn't take long for them to successfully break the line pushing the North Koreans back.
They did not stop day in and day out making sure the front is stable and that there's only a continuous retreat of the KPA.

"Chenle..." Jisung almost lost control when he saw the smaller.
It took Chenle five days to come back because he needed to man the impaired communication in between each battalion and companies.
The general cannot leave his position either no matter how desperate he was to look for his wife so when he finally caught sight of the smaller it took every ounce of control to not engulf him in his embrace.

He waited agonizingly for night to come hidden and sheltered in their new foxhole before he hugged the older.

"You did a great job Chenle." That were Jisung's first words.
"Thank you.
The smooth operation is the only sign I've been holding on to when you did not show up that day."
He tightened his hold not wanting to let go of the smaller ever again.

"Kiss me Ji."
That was all his wife can whisper in exhaustion, collapsing in the arms of his husband with knees finally giving in slipping to the ground.

Not hesitating anymore the alpha took the lips of his omega.
They moved into each other pressing and caressing tenderly despite their chapped lips and rough skin.
To them it's the sweetest reunion.

On the twenty-ninth of September the UN forces successfully reestablished the South Korean government in Seoul finally pushing back the North Korean soldiers behind the 38th parallel. For a moment everything seems to stand still.

Discussions as to what the next move is was held in several meetings. This prompted China to issue a warning that if the US will cross the borders and step inside North Korean soils they will not sit back.

Meanwhile, awaiting their orders the soldiers were given scheduled breaks taking turns in patrolling the border.

Chenle watched his husband leave their home at three in the afternoon for a conference. They're currently back in the secluded former summer house of the Yuns (Jisung's father). They got back yesterday for the short break while the higher ups discuss what to do.
Today, Jisung was also called for a meeting regarding his opinion on the matter.

Evening has already enveloped outside in darkness and yet his husband is still not home, so he tried to take peek by opening the front door a little. He looked at the empty driveway decorated by the now bloom-less magnolia trees, noticing a few of the leaves starting to change in color. They looked pretty next to the light coming from the street lampposts.

Jisung was right, it is comforting for him. It feels like this indeed is his home now.

Noticing the incoming military jeep, he then closed the door and went back inside.
He took a few steps back smiling with that mischievous smile of his that's extremely captivating.

The moment the door opened and his husband walked in he flung his arms around the taller breathing in the calming scent of ancient wood.

Huijae saw this and the man looked away with a knowing grin on his face.
He then cleared his throat and excused himself from the two highly doubting they heard him.
Nevertheless, he went his way towards the backdoor leaving the couple to their privacy.

Kissing by the door, holding the smaller with one arm, Jisung used his free hand to close the door behind them.
He gently traced his palm on the curve of Chenle's back feeling the soft Egyptian cotton nightgown under his fingers while he pushed his body closer to his.

"You need to change. Come to the kitchen when you're done. I cooked us dinner." The smaller smiled pulling away a little. He suddenly felt a certain warmth spreading inside his chest making him blush. He realized that this is his first time doing something for the younger like the married couple they are. He never got the chance to do these things for his husband and now that he's doing it his heart flutters at the slightest smile the taller gives him.

Jisung noticed this pulling his heartstrings as well. His heart skipping he nodded cupping the face of his wife and leaning down to kiss him one more time before doing what he was told to do.